Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 rubber boot fun

/ Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 rubber boot fun #1  

theghoul

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 1920 / Farmpro (Jinma) 2425
So I'm going through my heating issues noted here http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/chinese-tractors/266032-farmpro-2425-jinma-254-hard.html and I found some rubber components that need replacement. One is the connecting boot on the drive shaft cover and the other is the steering connecting rod end. They both seemed kinda brittle from the start.

Do I need to replace the entire connecting rod end or can I just buy the boot? I checked affordable's site and didnt see the boot by itself.

Also, I cant find that connecting boot for the drive shaft. Is there another name for it? I dont have to do the whole shaft cover do I?

Thanks again guys. I would be lost on this thing without this forum.

Man, it's the little stuff with these tractors that gets ya.

20121214_111158.jpg20121214_111227.jpg

/ Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 rubber boot fun #2  
They make rubber replacements for both. Just give Jerry a call at Affordable and he will know what you want. Par

/ Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 rubber boot fun #3  
The one on the steering can be replaced by a shock boot made by Rancho suspension. These are silicone rubber and last a good long time. My local autoparts store had them on the shelf and I have had one on there for years now.

The driveshaft coupling boots look like they may be able to be replaced by a rubber pipe coupling found at most plumbing/hardware stores. I havn't had the need to do this yet, so have not researched/confirmed this..

/ Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 rubber boot fun #4  
   / Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 rubber boot fun #5  
   / Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 rubber boot fun #6  
Last time ( 16 months ago) I found generic boots that would fit at automotive stores. Not terribly expensive and no freight.
Gramps