Jinma 224 Glow Plug Fuse Blows

/ Jinma 224 Glow Plug Fuse Blows #1  

westend

Tractor
Jinma 224
Hello there
I'm have startingproblems to! I have a Jinma 224 and when I use the preheating the 30Amp fuse is blown after a few seconds. Can this mean a defective glow-plug? Anyone who got an idea? How can I check the glow-plugs?
Thanks for any solutions! Thanks from Belgium!
Jack

/ Jinma 224 Glow Plug Fuse Blows #2  
If it blows instantly, you've got a dead short. But I think you're saying that the fuse holds briefly, but not long enough to get to the point where you turn the key to START. If correct, that suggests at least one failing glow plug. Glow plugs are simple to check if you have a multi-meter. Set it to measure resistance (ohms). Remove the buss bar or wire loom that connects the three plugs together. Measure resistance on plug #1 between the outside tip and the engine block. Record the reading. Repeat for #2 and #3. If I recall, a good plug should measure about 1.5 ohms. I suspect you'll find one or more readings below 1.1 ohms.

//greg//

/ Jinma 224 Glow Plug Fuse Blows
Thanks Greg, I'll check them with my multimeter!

Jack

/ Jinma 224 Glow Plug Fuse Blows #4  
   / Jinma 224 Glow Plug Fuse Blows #5  
Westend, we also carry all the glowplugs for the jinma's, look on you engine block and it will tell you which engine you have, it will be the y380 or LL380 if a 3 cyl. and if it is the 2 cly. it will be the TY290 engine. just go to Jinma Tractor Parts, Farm Pro Tractor Parts, Farmpro, Nortrack, Agracat and type glow plug in the search box and it will pull up pictures and pricing, just order online or call 662-252-5272. Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

Ben
Circle G Tractor Sales, Inc.

/ Jinma 224 Glow Plug Fuse Blows #6  
Also be aware that there are a couple different types of these glow plugs, I have a set I bought with my tractor that do not fit they are half an inch shorter than what came out. I got dim of them and had to buy a all new set 2 years ago when mine did the same thing. I also did the upgrade of a external relay and 30 amp circuit breaker in-line to protect the NEW plugs.

Mark

Hello there
Thanks for the help!
This afternoon I checked the glow plugs and yes, two out of three were gone. Because it was not cold here today 13°C (normally it's freezing around this time of the year), I disconnected the glow plugs and started the engine. The fuse did not blow and the tractor started just after a few seconds!
So thanks for the advice! I am going to order new glow plugs and I am also going to upgrade with an external relay and a 30 amp circuit breaker in-line to protect my new glow-plugs. So I can start my tractor even when it's cold!
Does anyone know how for you have to screw these glow plugs in? I see some thread on the old ones! Do I have to use some red loctite on the threads?

Jack

/ Jinma 224 Glow Plug Fuse Blows #8  
No locktight! you may have problems getting it out as is, and they don't usually require any help to stay in place:) Should come out just like a spark plug with a metric deep socket...

/ Jinma 224 Glow Plug Fuse Blows #9  
What Ron said - no Loctite. In fact, I'd go one step further and recommend the use of a product called Nev'rSeize, a graphite/copper compound that prevents threads seizing or galling, particularly when used in hot locations. After a couple of incidents with spark plugs or bolts seizing in heads and manifolds over the years, I now use it wherever I think there is a potential for a problem.

Last edited:
Thanks Ron and Rich for your help! I'll think of the graphite/copper compound when I am changing the plugs!
Hé Ron, I see that your Jinma 284 was delivered 06/28/2005, well my Jinma 224 was delivered the same day!! Funny isn't it!!

Jack