Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Jinma 224

Default Jinma 224 Glow Plug Fuse Blows

Hello there
    I'm have startingproblems to! I have a Jinma 224 and when I use the preheating the 30Amp fuse is blown after a few seconds. Can this mean a defective glow-plug? Anyone who got an idea? How can I check the glow-plugs?
    Thanks for any solutions! Thanks from Belgium!
    Jack

Tractor
    JD3720 Cab, 300X loader with 4-in-1 bucket

Default Re: Jinma 224 Glow Plug Fuse Blows

If it blows instantly, you've got a dead short. But I think you're saying that the fuse holds briefly, but not long enough to get to the point where you turn the key to START. If correct, that suggests at least one failing glow plug. Glow plugs are simple to check if you have a multi-meter. Set it to measure resistance (ohms). Remove the buss bar or wire loom that connects the three plugs together. Measure resistance on plug #1 between the outside tip and the engine block. Record the reading. Repeat for #2 and #3. If I recall, a good plug should measure about 1.5 ohms. I suspect you'll find one or more readings below 1.1 ohms.

//greg//
    USN (Ret)
    Former Chinese tractor owner (x4)
    Current John Deere owner

Tractor
    Jinma 224

Thanks Greg, I'll check them with my multimeter!

Jack

Advertiser
    Platinum Member

We have the replacement glow plugs in stock,make sure you know which engine you have TY290X or the Y380

we are closed Mon & Tue for the holidays, you can order online or call Wed Morning, they will ship the same day the order is recieved

Tommy
    Affordable Tractor Sales
    "You Jinma Parts Superstore"
    Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

Advertiser
    Tractor
    Jinma

Westend, we also carry all the glowplugs for the jinma's, look on you engine block and it will tell you which engine you have, it will be the y380 or LL380 if a 3 cyl. and if it is the 2 cly. it will be the TY290 engine. just go to Jinma Tractor Parts, Farm Pro Tractor Parts, Farmpro, Nortrack, Agracat and type glow plug in the search box and it will pull up pictures and pricing, just order online or call 662-252-5272. Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

Ben
    Circle G Tractor Sales, Inc.

Tractor
    Jinma 284

Also be aware that there are a couple different types of these glow plugs, I have a set I bought with my tractor that do not fit they are half an inch shorter than what came out. I got dim of them and had to buy a all new set 2 years ago when mine did the same thing. I also did the upgrade of a external relay and 30 amp circuit breaker in-line to protect the NEW plugs.

Mark
    I may remember why I went to the other end of the shop, I'm just afraid once I get there I'll forget how to get back!

Tractor
    Jinma 224

Hello there
    Thanks for the help!
    This afternoon I checked the glow plugs and yes, two out of three were gone. Because it was not cold here today 13C (normally it's freezing around this time of the year), I disconnected the glow plugs and started the engine. The fuse did not blow and the tractor started just after a few seconds!
    So thanks for the advice! I am going to order new glow plugs and I am also going to upgrade with an external relay and a 30 amp circuit breaker in-line to protect my new glow-plugs. So I can start my tractor even when it's cold!
    Does anyone know how for you have to screw these glow plugs in? I see some thread on the old ones! Do I have to use some red loctite on the threads?

Jack

Tractor
    Jinma 284 delivered 06/28/05

No locktight! you may have problems getting it out as is, and they don't usually require any help to stay in place Should come out just like a spark plug with a metric deep socket...
    Ron

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma JM304

What Ron said - no Loctite. In fact, I'd go one step further and recommend the use of a product called Nev'rSeize, a graphite/copper compound that prevents threads seizing or galling, particularly when used in hot locations. After a couple of incidents with spark plugs or bolts seizing in heads and manifolds over the years, I now use it wherever I think there is a potential for a problem.
    Last edited by Rich Waugh; 12-24-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: A capricious whim, I say

Tractor
    Jinma 224

Thanks Ron and Rich for your help! I'll think of the graphite/copper compound when I am changing the plugs!
    H Ron, I see that your Jinma 284 was delivered 06/28/2005, well my Jinma 224 was delivered the same day!! Funny isn't it!!

Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast