Magnetic or Blanket Heaters

/ Magnetic or Blanket Heaters #1  

stampede38899

Tractor
Tiashan Dragon 270
I have a tractor that I dont think the cold start works on. The tractor is very hard to crank in cold weather. Once the tractor cranks it will crank very east from there on out. I was wandering if the the heaters from Northern Tool(magnetic and blanket). They also have one that mounts under the oil pan with 3m tape. I hope in return the block and oil will contain some heat for easier starts. Anyone have in suggestions.

/ Magnetic or Blanket Heaters #2  
Magnetic heaters are a joke, and I can't see a real application for a blanket heater in your case. Pan heaters however, effectively thin the oil - which helps increase cranking speed. But the real issue is why the "cold start" doesn't work. And I think you still owe us a few answers from the last time we tried to diagnose this. Didn't we conclude that you had an intake heater? If yes, they're pretty basic concepts to troubleshoot.

//greg//

/ Magnetic or Blanket Heaters
i had to put a new switch on the tractor and donr beleive it works correctly.

/ Magnetic or Blanket Heaters #4  
Those magnetic heaters are a joke. Blamket heaters are not much better either.

/ Magnetic or Blanket Heaters #5  
i had to put a new switch on the tractor and donr beleive it works correctly.
Well, I guess there's the possibility that you didn't connect the cold start system to the right post on the keyswitch. But you've got multiple issues here. Which to you want to pursue first?

//greg//

/ Magnetic or Blanket Heaters #6  
Nothing works better than a block or lower rad hose heater. I have tried them all.

The glue on pan heaters are the next best choice but a magnetic heater is worthless.

Chris

/ Magnetic or Blanket Heaters #7  
I have an all hydraulic tractor with something like 28 gallons of fluid. There is no clutch on the pump so the engine starts immediately turning 3 pumps. This is an oil cooled Deutz engine so no option for coolant heater. I used 2 magnetic heaters on the large hydraulic oil tank and a smaller one on the oil pan. It made a huge difference when temperatures got below freezing. Without them, starting the tractor was ugly. So I am surprised that people say they are worthless. I ran this way before upgrading to intake manifold heaters.

Ken

/ Magnetic or Blanket Heaters #8  
This is an oil cooled Deutz engine so no option for coolant heater.

I think you mean air cooled. High velocity air cooled for the cylinders, heads, and oil cooler.

/ Magnetic or Blanket Heaters #9  
Magnetic heaters may be a joke but they've worked for me. I bought one when I was having trouble starting a borrowed Satoh. It warmed the tractor enough to make a difference in starting. I later used it on my Ford Van as an assist to the block heater.
Heck back in the '60's we'd put a frying pan under the engine.

/ Magnetic or Blanket Heaters #10  
Anyone try a dip stick oil heater?