Front blade on Jinma 284

/ Front blade on Jinma 284 #1  

CanuckShooter

Tractor
Jinma 284
I currently use a FEL and a rear blade for my snow clearing, and have found I don't care for the krick I keep getting in my neck when blading snow around. I found a picture of this rig and wonder if anyone has experience using anything like this on their 284??

snowchamp1.jpg

It looks like it would be easy to attach/remove from the front bucket.

/ Front blade on Jinma 284 #2  
I can't see if any trip springs..trip springs can save you from damage.

/ Front blade on Jinma 284 #3  
Like Thomas said: No trip springs? Better wear your seat belt and have it snugged up.

/ Front blade on Jinma 284 #4  
I know one participant here has a snowplow out on the FEL. No kick springs means the loader arms will be absorbing any sudden stops like when hitting a curb. That could mean some expensive repairs... I see issues when angling the plow. With the plow out on such a long moment arm, I could see it fairly easilly exceeding the front traction and wanting to push the tractor to the side. If I recall though, he said it really works well. If you have a LOT of snow, being able to push snow up and over existing banks can be real handy...

/ Front blade on Jinma 284 #5  
It all depends on he type of drive you are plowing. If it is a smooth paved drive with known issues you will probably be ok. The drive I plow is a cottage gravel dirt road with many up and downs, tree roots rocks etc. I have an 8' all steel plow ( very heavy) I modified for my loader ( minus the bucket). It has 4 large springs. I also added front remotes for controlling the blade angle. I also added a cross over relief valve. Every so often I catch an edge and the relief kicks in. The springs also are constantly being used. It works really well. But that of course opens up the plow vs blowing snow debate. If you have the room to plow it, it is faster. As mentioned having it on the FEL you can push pile high and back as well

Heres the thread with the details

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/154201-front-qd-mod-plow-hookup.html

Hope it helps Dave

/ Front blade on Jinma 284 #6  
I used a plow on my jinma 254 worked waaaaayyy better then the FEL, but it did have the spring trip which I STRONGLY suggest is needed

/ Front blade on Jinma 284 #7  
I also have a plow. It mounts in place of my FEL and is 7' wide. I control the angle with my rear remote. Works great. Like the others said, the lack of trip springs would concern me.

Chris

/ Front blade on Jinma 284
Thanks for the replies, it sounds like if I decide to go this way I better look for one with trip springs.....

/ Front blade on Jinma 284 #9  
A company called Worksaver sell a clamp on blade through Farmfleet (and one fabbed to fit the loader) for less than $2000 here in Canada. They all have trip springs and the one to fit the FEL has hydraulics. Not sure which loader you have but you might be able to get one to fit. Still not cheap but depends on how badly you want to drive forward:D
http://www.farmfleet.com/WinterFlyer2012.pdf (see page 3)
When the snow is not that deep I use a rear blade and drive over the snow. Deeper stuff I use a blower

/ Front blade on Jinma 284 #10  
How about one of these. I made it myself. I think it's best if blade is as close as possible to the tractor and that means removing the bucket.

Feb2011 Snow.jpgFinally Done.jpg