A couple of pieces fell off my Yachai 306S-S

/ A couple of pieces fell off my Yachai 306S-S #1  

timbatrader

Silver Member
Tractor
YCT306S-S bulldozer Leyland 344 tractor, Mountain Raise MR926S wheel Loader, Hitachi 19U mini Excavator
A couple of pieces fell off my Yachai 306S-S dozer today painted the same grey as the chassis I can稚 see where came from does anyone recognize them? or know were they belong. They are about 125mm long (5 inch) 50mm wide (2 inch) 6mm thick (1/4 inch) two sheared off 10mm bolts that that must of held them on somewhere

yuchia.jpg

/ A couple of pieces fell off my Yachai 306S-S #2  
A couple of pieces fell off my Yachai 306S-S dozer today painted the same grey as the chassis I can稚 see where came from does anyone recognize them? or know were they belong. They are about 125mm long (5 inch) 50mm wide (2 inch) 6mm thick (1/4 inch) two sheared off 10mm bolts that that must of held them on somewhere

View attachment 296876

Do they look like they were welded on one end or side. Did you do any investigating yourself?
What year is your YUCHAI?

/ A couple of pieces fell off my Yachai 306S-S
Painted all round no sign of weld I parked it on a log so I could get under it had a good look around I couldn't see where they came from there should be some broken bolts to match up somewhere I will lift the floor tomorrow and have a look around under there but I were hoping someone might recognize them and point me in the right direction and save some time

Hi Bob its a Eastwind branded Yuchai I think 2006 I guess similar to yours but steel tracked

/ A couple of pieces fell off my Yachai 306S-S #5  
They don't look at all familiar to me. I haven't seen anything like those on the undercarriage, although they look suspiciously as though they came from the front end, around the lower radiator support/front engine mount. I will look at mine in a couple of days for a comparison.
There are also several other dozer guys at CTOA.

I have found where they came from they are stops to limit the travel of the front track roller. The question now is do I replace the mild steel bolts that sheared off with high tensile ones to reduce the chances of it happening again. Or should they be mild steel bolts to act as shear pins maybe them snapping saved me shearing a drive shaft?
IMG_0686.jpgIMG_0685.jpg

/ A couple of pieces fell off my Yachai 306S-S #7  
Interesting. Those aren't shown in the parts manuals, nor are they on my dozer. And I don't think I would want them on either because it limits idler travel too much. An inexperienced operator can easily get a branch or rock jammed in a sprocket and wrap up a track easily and possibly snap a pinion shaft. It's been done, I've seen it.
Eastwind looks like they do an exemplary job of outfitting the dozers. I would give them a call. Curious what their input would be.

I have e-mailed Midway sales (East Wind) for their advise But I suspect Australia Like New Zealand has closed down for the summer holidays everyone bar essential services has packed up and gone to the beach or pub for a month starting from Christmas.
Bob your machine has rubber tracks this could be why yours does not have the stops does anyone else out there have a steel tracked Yuchai that can comment on whether their machine has the stops and where they should be adjusted to
Thanks
Derek

/ A couple of pieces fell off my Yachai 306S-S #9  
Those pieces don't show in either rubber or steel track parts manuals. Rubber tracked models have an extra carrier roller, but that is the only track carrier difference between the models. Check your parts manual too. I have also looked through some pics of other dozers and don't see them there. If it were me, I'd remove them all. Can't imagine what their real purpose is other than limit idler travel, but why?.
I also have a FB page dedicated to Yuchai and Guilin dozers. Stop by and say Hi sometime.
https://www.facebook.com/yuchaidozer

/ A couple of pieces fell off my Yachai 306S-S #10  
I would put them back on with the same grade bolts. Just keep a eye in them.

Chris