replace hydraulic pump

/ replace hydraulic pump #1  

jinmared

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 354 fwd
I want to replace the hydraulic pump on my Jinma 354 with a E-320 hydraulic pump. Will the increased flow result in a higher pressure on the system
so that I will have to adjust my relief valve? It is set at 2350psi now and everything works good but a little slooooow.

Thanks , Jinmared

/ replace hydraulic pump #2  
I want to replace the hydraulic pump on my Jinma 354 with a E-320 hydraulic pump. Will the increased flow result in a higher pressure on the system so that I will have to adjust my relief valve? It is set at 2350psi now and everything works good but a little slooooow.

Thanks , Jinmared

The only effect the higher volume pump will have is that you will reach the relief valve set point much sooner.
In other words, no, it will have no effect on pressure.

/ replace hydraulic pump #3  
The only effect the higher volume pump will have is that you will reach the relief valve set point much sooner.
In other words, no, it will have no effect on pressure.

That is correct, provided that the relief valve is rated to pass the additional flow volume. If it cannot pass the increased flow, the pressure will rise...

/ replace hydraulic pump #4  
The Increased FLOW will also make things operate FASTER at the same RPM so you may end up having more JERKY movement on a FEL if the valve does not have a good angle on the spool opening.

Mark