Transmission differential hydraulic fluid type

/ Transmission differential hydraulic fluid type #1  

cleat

Silver Member
Tractor
Dongfeng 254G2
My Dongfeng 254 uses a common reservoir for the transmission, differential and hydraulics. I keep the tractor in a slightly warmed garage (kept just slightly above freezing). Hydraulics function noticably slower when first started and moved outside than in summer. However as I use the tractor outside in cold conditions to clear snow, the hydraulics get even slower as the fluid cools even more. Everything works fine, just slow. I bought universal TDH fluid from walmart last year and that is likely my problem.

What I would like to know is, has anyone used a high quality TDH fluid and what were your experiences

I can get two different shell fluids at my local TSC store. Spirax S4 TXM and Spirax S4 CX. Would either of these help ?

Would adding some ATF help ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cleat

/ Transmission differential hydraulic fluid type #2  
AWE32 Hydraulic oil should be fine for cold weather, I live in Quebec and we got -40F not long ago, it was alright on my Jinma.

what is the AWE of the oil you are using?

/ Transmission differential hydraulic fluid type
My Dongfeng uses a universal transmission, hydraulic differential fluid in a common 25l reservoir and the walmart stuff I put in has no rating. It only says it is compatible with a wide range of manufacturers. If I had a separate hydraulic oil reservoir linke your Jinma it would make my decision on oil easier.

Cleat

/ Transmission differential hydraulic fluid type #4  
   / Transmission differential hydraulic fluid type #5  
Hi cleat,

I have the df 354 with common sump. I have used Walmart utf without any winter issues. I only have slow hydraulics at the very start. As soon as the engine comes up to a steady idle all is smooth.

Dave

/ Transmission differential hydraulic fluid type
Mine is smooth, just noticably slower.

Likely nothing to worry about, I was just thinking out loud.

Cleat

/ Transmission differential hydraulic fluid type #7  
I dont know why i added a "E" I meant AW for anti wear