Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advertiser
    Platinum Member

Default Re: farm pro 2425 alternator

Just a note, if you do decide to try and order any parts from Farmpro, you need to cal them to make sure they have the parts you are looking for, they are phasing out all there parts. We have purchased alot from them over the last year or so.We have every part for your tractor and engine instock from a O-ring to a Complete new crated engine.We also have the Splined Clutch alignment tools for the Jinma 200,300,400 series,and Foton tractors

Tommy
    Affordable Tractor Sales
    "Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
    Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

Silver Member
    Tractor
    foton 254

I spent a whole day and went through my wiring and fixed a lot of bad ground connections, including the battery ground! Lights not working, poor charging etc. I put the 3 wire 12si alternator in. You need to eliminate the external regulator because the 12si has it internal. I went through 2 of those smaller alternators so that made my decision. If your wiring is a mess, that would be the first thing I would clean up! Take the time, it's worth it.

Advertiser
    Tractor
    Jinma

Most of the time when those units stop charging it is the voltage regulator, yours will probably have the old style with 3 leads, the newer ones are plug ins. Glad you made the change over succesfully and if you need anything else we carry every part IN STOCK for that unit. Let us know if we can help.

Ben
    Circle G Tractor Sales, Inc.
    662-252-5272

Quote Originally Posted by succor View Post
    I spent a whole day and went through my wiring and fixed a lot of bad ground connections, including the battery ground! Lights not working, poor charging etc. I put the 3 wire 12si alternator in. You need to eliminate the external regulator because the 12si has it internal. I went through 2 of those smaller alternators so that made my decision. If your wiring is a mess, that would be the first thing I would clean up! Take the time, it's worth it.
    I am bad at wiring.I wouldn't even know where to start. Anyone here have a link to step by step on switching over to the 12si alternator?

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Quote Originally Posted by ymurf View Post
    I am bad at wiring.I wouldn't even know where to start. Anyone here have a link to step by step on switching over to the 12si alternator?
    New and rebuilt units come with schematics. You will also have to purchase a field/sense pigtail for about $5.00. If you are really bad at wiring then you should probably have some extra help.
    Another thing to check first; See if your voltage regulator has a little red LED on it, if it lights when you turn on the key switch you likely have a wiring (ground) issue, not a charging system issue. In the schematic I posted, you do not need the charge indicator light because you will have a voltmeter. Depending on which amp rating alternator you get, the heavy red wire should be at least 8 gauge. The small red wire (sense) should be 14 gauge. The small grey wire is the field circuit, it can be 16 gauge.

-delcowiring-jpg
    Last edited by Bob Rooks; 02-12-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    Yuchai YCT dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe for sale.

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

This is the pulley I used in my conversion. Highly recommended.
    A202 Wide Belt Alternator Pulley for Ford and Delco and other Alternators
    Yuchai YCT dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe for sale.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma JM354

I had to get a tall nut that went with the pulley because the nut fits in a counter bore in the pulley. The OEM nut was too large. bjr

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Quote Originally Posted by bjr View Post
    I had to get a tall nut that went with the pulley because the nut fits in a counter bore in the pulley. The OEM nut was too large. bjr
    Something was fishy there because the counterbore on that pulley is large enough for the OEM nut AND a cutaway socket to allow the Allen wrench to hold the shaft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12