Three Point Lift

/ Three Point Lift #1  

Jinma284

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
Last time I used my Three point lift to use my disc it worked properly, always has worked since I got it new in July 2002. Today I put it on to disc up my daughters garden and I pull up the lever and it only comes up about 3-4 inches. Returen the lever to neutral and pull up again and get another 3-4 inches. Have to do that same routine about 4 times to get the disc off the ground properly. Maybe a couple times it worked correctly. When it is up it will stay up, no leaking down. Any ideas whats wrong? Thanks, Pat

/ Three Point Lift #2  
Check the fluid level. If ok I would suspect the priority valve has crud in it dumping to steering. Had this happen with mine.

Took it off, disassembled, cleaned with brake cleaner, and replace.

Chris

/ Three Point Lift #3  
Or possibly there is something wrong with the pressure releif valve back in the 3PH control valve...

/ Three Point Lift #4  
Thats what my Kubota B3200 does. It only comes up so far and then I have to reset the control lever and pull it up once or twice more to get the 3PTH to the top of its range. I am chocking my issue as a new owner who does not know how my 3PTH works in this new tractor (78hrs). Maybe its not me?

/ Three Point Lift
Chris, I had checked the fluid level and it is fine. I didn't think about it but this is the first time I have used the lift since I changed the fluids about 3 months ago. Pat

/ Three Point Lift #6  
That might point to the problem. What specifically did you use to replace the OE hydraulic fluid? Most folks in moderate climates use AW32 (or ISO32) in the hydraulics. Assuming you seldom get below 40F in Lady Lake, you'll probably acceptable performance out of AW46/ISO46 too. I wouldn't use anything thicker than that.

//greg//

/ Three Point Lift
Greg, I used AW32, thats all I have ever used. I suspect it might be the priority valve. May be a while before I get to cleaning it out. Real busy in the peach field right now. Pat

/ Three Point Lift #9  
And of course check your lowering speed adjustment valve
+1 -- also make sure the piece on the end of the valve stem is free to move

/ Three Point Lift
I unhooked the spray rig and attached the bush hog today and the lift worked like a charm. Up all the way first time everytime. May have been a piece of trash in the priority valve that has now moved on. Thanks to all who helped. Pat.