3 poinr hitch

/ 3 poinr hitch #1  

Licking

Tractor
farm pro 2420
my
3 point hitch will not go down what do you think I can do to make it go down please help

/ 3 poinr hitch
sorry its a farm pro 2420

/ 3 poinr hitch #3  
Typically your 3 pt will go down with the weight of whatever you have attached on it. There should be an adjusted knob just under the seat but visible. This controls the flow to the 3 pt valve. Adjusting it will control the speed up or down. If it hasen't been used in awhile a little lube may be needed or it may be stift and they can break.

Good luck Dave

/ 3 poinr hitch #4  
Is it not going down at all, or just not going down when there's no implement attached?

//greg//

/ 3 poinr hitch #5  
NOTE: The knob at the front of the seat to control the TPH drop rate is often secured with a set screw - if you don't back that out before you try to turn the valve, the knob will strip off the shaft and you'll be screwed. Use a flashlight and a wire brush to make sure you're located that set screw (if any) and back it out first. When that valve is closed all the way (screwed in), it diverts the flow of hydraulic fluid from the TPH to the rear remote(s). As you open it, it allows the fluid to go to the TPH and the further open it is the faster the TPH arms will drop. The arms may not drop with no implement to provide weight, but you can stand on them to push them down. Unless the valve is very close to being closed, it won't have much effect on how fast the TPH arms raise.

/ 3 poinr hitch #6  
It has to be the adjustment knob under the seat that controls decent rate, loosen it off in counter clock wise direction as you are facing the seat from ground level

/ 3 poinr hitch #7  
My tractor was doing that and it was the 3 point lifting too far and jamming. I adjusted the top stop so it stops just shy of going all the way up and now all is good.

Cleat

/ 3 poinr hitch
thank you very much that helped

/ 3 poinr hitch
thank you for all the info going to check it out thanks again

/ 3 poinr hitch
its not going down at all but there was nothing aattached too it either