2007 Jinma 284 (iron horse) will not start

/ 2007 Jinma 284 (iron horse) will not start
That emulsion is common to coolant leaking into the lube oil system or poor crankcase ventilation. Check to see that your evacuation system isn't plugged. If you find there isn't any problem with the cylinder head then you may have failed cylinder liner O-ring seals, or worse yet, a cracked liner.

Fingers crossed it's not the liner.:shocked:

/ 2007 Jinma 284 (iron horse) will not start #42  
When my head gasket went, it wasn't immediately obvious where it was leaking. There wasn't a gaping hole or scorch marks or anything like that, just a little discoloration between the cylinders. What was obvious was that the inside of the cylinder head was pitted on one cylinder, where coolant was getting in and boiling.

Replacing the head gasket seems to have fixed everything, it has run better than ever since.

/ 2007 Jinma 284 (iron horse) will not start #44  
The Quanchai as well as the Yangdong 385 engines are dry sleeved, not wet sleeved so it cannot be a bad O-ring.

Well that's good news shared. Then the worst case scenario is only a cracked block, and then only if left to freeze without anti-freeze in the coolant. I'll speculate then that it's only a head gasket, and probably not given the 100 hr. re-torque it should have had.

Well the head was tested and it is warped and pitted. Will update after its replaced.

/ 2007 Jinma 284 (iron horse) will not start #47  
How are you making out?:confused3:

How are you making out?:confused3:

Well, ordered the new head last week, I'm crossing my fingers it ends up being the correct one. It looks like the one that was on the tractor may not have been the correct head as the water jacet ports were not lining up only a half moon of opening and the bolt holes are a fraction too big which could account for the slippage. If all goes well I hope to have all parts and be putting it back togther next weekend.

/ 2007 Jinma 284 (iron horse) will not start #49  
Chris,
We sure are getting some nice weather around here. Hope you got it back together by now.

Chris,
We sure are getting some nice weather around here. Hope you got it back together by now.

Sadly, not yet. The head came in but was not the right fit, returning for another model. I am beginning to twitch a little and think I need to go back on meds as the withdrawals are coming with the nice weather. :confused2: