Blown 30 amp fuse Jinma 224

/ Blown 30 amp fuse Jinma 224 #42  
You can check whether the starter is the problem very easily. There are only two wires that connect to the starter -- a thick red wire that goes to the battery, and a thin black wire that goes to the engine switch. The red one doesn't go through the fuse, only the black one does. Disconnect the thin black wire and wrap the end with electrical tape. Now try the switch again. If the fuse doesn't blow, then the problem is in the starter, most likely the solenoid. If the fuse still blows your starter is innocent, the problem is a short somewhere between the switch and the starter. The switches in these tractors tend to fail, there's a good chance the problem is inside the switch.

If the problem is the solenoid it's an easy fix, two bolts hold it on.

/ Blown 30 amp fuse Jinma 224 #43  
Mark,
I disconnected the wire to the glow plugs and nothing changed. The initial turn of the key will properly turn on the gauges but as soon as I try to engage the starter the main fuse blows. I am thinking of removing the starter and seeing if I can have it checked at an automotive supplier. Any idea of the best place to order parts for Jinma tractors in the US. The last time I ordered was from a place in Canada, which included import duties. Thanks.

Did you ever try starting it by turning to the left instead of the right? That will rule out the glow plug circuit. It can be shorted even if the wire to the glow plugs is disconnected.

/ Blown 30 amp fuse Jinma 224 #44  
Did you ever try starting it by turning to the left instead of the right? That will rule out the glow plug circuit. It can be shorted even if the wire to the glow plugs is disconnected.

Beat me to it, yes there are chance it is shorted in the wire somewhere or the key switch in the right crank pos.

The other one is a short between the Key and the Starter SOL. There are a good number of places to look, if it is short somewhere in the gauges also could be it. Blowing a 30 amp fuse is easy for a short in even small wires...

Mark

/ Blown 30 amp fuse Jinma 224 #45  
I'd also look at the clutch switch. They are exposed to damage and will blow the fuse if shorted to the body.