Blown 30 amp fuse Jinma 224

/ Blown 30 amp fuse Jinma 224 #1  

jaroban

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti dk40se
I have a Jinma 224 with about 600 hrs on it. I was mowing last Sunday for around two hours. I stopped to eat lunch, then tried to start the tractor. The 30 amp main fuse was blown. I was out in a field so I started it with a screw driver at the starter solenoid. I finished mowing that field without gauges. I have disconnected the clutch safety switch, removed the ignition switch and unhooked the buss bar that feeds the glow plugs. If I put a new fuse in it blows. I know I have a direct short somewhere any ideas on where to go next?I have read many post here about blown fuses however i have not found the right answer. Thanks in advance without this forum me and the rest of the shade tree mechanics would be in trouble.
Robby

/ Blown 30 amp fuse Jinma 224 #2  
Robby:

You joined in 2004 so I'm guessing your JM224 is of similar vintage with the Wire Wound FUSES is this correct?

There are a few places that have the Wiring Schematic posted on-line I LOVE the site on ole buddy set up way back when (here JinmaInfo4 ) and the wiring dia.

JinmaWire

The (3) on the diagram would mean (Wire number 3) which is coming out of the 30 amp fuse. which gets power from the starter Sol + post.

The SHORT if it blows as soon as you plug it in and all the other fuses are fine then you may have a short some where between the Key and the Fuse Block possibly the Amp Meter per that diagram.

If it blows when the KEY is turned on then the short is somewhere between the KEY Switch and Fuse Block Wire #(6).

Mark

/ Blown 30 amp fuse Jinma 224 #3  
Check your voltage regulator. Mine blew the main fuse when it was not plugged in properly.

/ Blown 30 amp fuse Jinma 224
Mine has the blade type fuse. The fuse
Blows as soon as you plug it in. I have
Had the ignition switch (ford) completely
Un wired and put a new fuse in and it
Blows. Where is the voltage regulator

/ Blown 30 amp fuse Jinma 224 #5  
Your fuse box may have cracked. In some cases this has caused one or more of the fuse holders to become grounded. Remove the fuse box for inspection. If nothing appears broken, install another 30A once the box is no longer touching the metal bracket. If it works, replace the box. If it blows, the problem is obviously in the wiring (that you've not yet disconnected).

//greg//

Your fuse box may have cracked. In some cases this has caused one or more of the fuse holders to become grounded. Remove the fuse box for inspection. If nothing appears broken, install another 30A once the box is no longer touching the metal bracket. If it works, replace the box. If it blows, the problem is obviously in the wiring (that you've not yet disconnected).

//greg//

I have the fuse box out away from the metal. I need to check
The voltage regulator but I do not know where it is.

/ Blown 30 amp fuse Jinma 224 #7  
Here is a picture of my voltage regulator - yours might be a slightly different configuration. It plugs into the strip adjacent to the flasher unit (at least on my tractor it does). They are cheap enough to replace at about $20 each and I know that Affordable tractors have them in stock.
HTH
Jim

Attachments

• Jinma_554_Tractor_Voltage_Regulator.jpg
    Jinma_554_Tractor_Voltage_Regulator.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,539
Here is a picture of my voltage regulator - yours might be a slightly different configuration. It plugs into the strip adjacent to the flasher unit (at least on my tractor it does). They are cheap enough to replace at about $20 each and I know that Affordable tractors have them in stock.
HTH
Jim

Ok I have that same one I will unhook it and see if it still blows a fuse. Thanks Robby

Ok I pulled the voltage regulator I then
Installed another 30 amp fuse it did not
Blow. So I can assume that the voltage
Regulator is bad. I have no gauges but I
Do not have a blown fuse. I will order a n
New voltage regulator and hope that fixes
The problem