Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    JD3720 Cab, 300X loader with 4-in-1 bucket

Default Re: foton 404 tractor fuel problems

The primer pump - or lift pump - or hand pump - whatever you want to call it, is on the low pressure side of the fuel path. It's only coincidentally attached to the injection pump (IP). It doesn't push fuel into the injection pump, it pushes it to the fuel filter. Loosen the flexible fuel line between the fuel filter housing and the IP. Loosen it at the IP end. Then unscrew the hand primer and use it to push fuel. If fuel comes out the loosened fitting, the hand pump is still good. If there is no flow, the next step is to isolate the cause on the low pressure side. It's likely either the hand primer or one of the fuel screens.

If there is fuel, tighten that fitting back up. Then locate the individual high pressure fuel lines (steel) that connect the IP with the individual fuel injectors. There's a hex collar that fastens each line to its respective injector. Loosen each hex collar, then crank the starter. What you want to see is fuel spewing out each of the lines. If no fuel, it's an IP problem. If fuel is flowing, it's an injector problem.

//greg//
    USN (Ret)
    Former Chinese tractor owner (x4)
    Current John Deere owner

Tractor
    404 tractor king

THANKYOU GREGG FOR RESPONDING ILL LOOK INTO IT IM CURRENTLY WAITING FOR A PRIMER PUMP THAT I HAVE ORDERED AND SHOULD BE HERE IN A FEW DAYS--THANKYOU JOHNPA

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

When you go to replace the lift pump, remove the large hex plug first (it's spring loaded), that will make the job go much easier. And by the way, did you know your "caps" key is stuck? Using all caps is considered shouting or bad taste.
    Netiquette
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, 7' Dual Dozer with dual Trimble GCR-2 laser receivers.

Tractor
    404 tractor king

ill use lower case letters i didnt know that fact-- my situation for reasoningof larger caps is that i am partially blind andit makes it easier for me to see the larger letters thankyou john pa and thanks for the info

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Quote Originally Posted by johnpa View Post
    ill use lower case letters i didnt know that fact-- my situation for reasoningof larger caps is that i am partially blind andit makes it easier for me to see the larger letters thankyou john pa and thanks for the info
    Thanks for letting us know, it helps. Did you know that Microsoft has built in features in the Windows OS to assist challenged users? There are medium and highly contrasted settings just for such cases, as an example. There are also more tips here: http://www.microsoft.com/enable/
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, 7' Dual Dozer with dual Trimble GCR-2 laser receivers.

Tractor
    foton lovol

How to change engine oil and locate the filter on a Foton Lovol

Tractor
    foton lovol

We purchased a 754 Foton Lovol and I am trying to change the engine oil and locate the filter..any idea where the filter is and an better way to change the oil

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Foton FT404, International 444 with forklift, International B250, Kubota L2000DT, Truck converted to all terrain forklift and lots of other junk

Quote Originally Posted by dick11 View Post
    We purchased a 754 Foton Lovol and I am trying to change the engine oil and locate the filter..any idea where the filter is and an better way to change the oil
    Wecome to TBN.
    This Thread is 2 years old. It would have been a lot better to have started a new thread of your own.
    This is a link to the Nortrac website. NorTrac 70XT 70 HP 4WD Tractor with Front End Loader & Backhoe With Ag. Tires | 70 HP Tractors| Northern Tool + Equipment. Its for the owners manual for a 70hp Foton. While it may not be the exact manual for your tractor it should be close enough to help you out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12