Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    285 MF and 284 Farm Boss and D31 Komatsu

Default Jinma 284 PTO HP for a finish mower

I have been using a bush hog 72 in finish mower. I got it out today started getting in ready for the summer. After greasing everything I engaged the PTO , noticed a lot of noise. I need to replace both idler pulleys and two spindle bearings and a belt.

I have a friend of mine that bought a zero turn lawn mower and no longer needs the finish mower he has. It is a Caroni 93in. It is 3 years old and used very little. I can get it for 1000. Will it be to large for the tractor and will it fit properly? I have about 5 acres of grass.

Tractor
    Jinma 284

Default Re: Jinma 284 PTO HP for a finish mower

The 6' brushhog FINISH mower is about as big as you would want to pull behind the 28hp jinma. I have a 5' finish and 5' brush hog that both work well behind my 284. I HAD a 6' "Brush-hog" rotary that was a bit too much on my hilly ground. I usually only cut everything 3 or 4 times a year so heavy higher grass on the rotary was too much on the 284. I think the 6' FINISH mower would be fine under normal mowing flat ground but on high grass or hilly ground maybe pushing it.

Mark
    I may remember why I went to the other end of the shop, I'm just afraid once I get there I'll forget how to get back!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma JM304

That's a good price for the Carini, but it is way too much mower for you tractor. Your 6' is pushing the limit and that 8' Carini needs a 45 hp tractor.

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

I'm going to sic the grammar police on your.
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer with twin GCR-2 laser receivers, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe (sold).

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma JM304

Busted! The keyboard ate it, I swear!

Tractor

I thought it might be a little to big. I ordered the parts to fix my Bush Hog today. I just use it to cut my yard which never gets very high and it is all flat. The tractor has never had a problem with the mower dragging it down.

The only problem I have had is some overheating by the gauge on the dash. It seems the battery blocks over half the radiator. I replaced the fan belt today and added a set of gauges ( temp and oil pressure ) that way I will know for sure what the temp is running at. I have plans to relocate the battery but haven't had a chance yet. I am thinking of welding a bracket to the loader mount and setting it next to the motor in front of the brake pedal.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Yea, 72" Caroni is what I have for my 284 & its perfect. I think any more is too much.

Chris

Advertiser
    Platinum Member

I have the lower battery box if you decide you want a bolt on box, you can always make your own also.The OEM bolts on where the front weights are if you do not have a loader, it drops the battery down below the radiator

Tommy
    Affordable Tractor Sales
    "Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
    Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -4e34372956242dsc00268-jpg  

Tractor

Will the new battery box work with the loader? If so how much.

Advertiser
    Platinum Member

If you will send me pics of your I will confirm it for you, there is a bracket on there now that you remove, bolt this one in place of it.The only thing extra you have to do is make 2- lower hood mounting brackets that can come off this new bracket.

The drop down battery box was made for the flip up hood yours is the clamshell right ? only the top opens right ?

Tommy
    Affordable Tractor Sales
    "Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
    Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast