Yuchai Dozer

/ Yuchai Dozer #1  

cfender

Hi Folks,

I'm interested in buying a Yuchai dozer and was wondering if anybody knows of any dealers in WA. I live in the Shelton area and the only dealer I have found so far is Keno Tractor in Oregon, from what I have read on different forums they appear to be a pretty reputable tractor dealer. Just thought there might be one a little closer to the house.

Thanks
Craig

/ Yuchai Dozer #2  
I think your best bet will be Keno.

Chris

/ Yuchai Dozer #3  
The guys at Keno are real stand up. I've done business with them and highly recommend them. There are no real Yuchai dealers in Washington state, however, FYI only, there is a re-branded Yuchai that is marketed under the name of Tytan, and they are located in Kalama, WA. I do not recommend them at all. For anything.

/ Yuchai Dozer
Thanks for the quick responces. Bob maybe you can answer a question for me, this is off of the Keno website I haven't contacted them yet. They show two new dozers that they advertise as long tracks, in the research I have done this is the first time I have seen it mentioned. I wasn't aware they made two different versions or do they all have the same lenght tracks? Also they are both steel tracks, but one of them says 2/4WD tracks, this question is out of curiousity, I'm going to go with rubber tracks on whatever unit I find.

Thanks Again
Craig

/ Yuchai Dozer #5  
Thanks for the quick responces. Bob maybe you can answer a question for me, this is off of the Keno website I haven't contacted them yet. They show two new dozers that they advertise as long tracks, in the research I have done this is the first time I have seen it mentioned. I wasn't aware they made two different versions or do they all have the same lenght tracks? Also they are both steel tracks, but one of them says 2/4WD tracks, this question is out of curiousity, I'm going to go with rubber tracks on whatever unit I find.

The 2/4WD on Keno's website is obviously part of the standard form format for describing their wheeled tractors and they didn't correct it for the dozer. I have also seen the "long track" versions advertised, but when I inquire, nobody seems to know the difference, and the Yuchai parts manual doesn't give an option for it. Perhaps they are referring to the five and six roller carriers. The five roller carriers are for steel tracks, and the six roller carriers are for rubber tracks. You can put steel tracks on a six roller carrier, but it's not advisable to put rubber tracks on a five roller carrier. There are also some of the newer models that have two top carrier rollers - why, I don't know, because with a machine of this size it doesn't make that much difference on the track tensioner. It's just a promotional thing, IMHO.
I have rubber tracks on mine and are very happy with them considering they offer very slightly less tractive effort because of the flat grousers. They do very well on pavement though. It's a trade-off, but I believe they will outlast steel tracks because they have steel cables and links embedded in them - there are no metal-to-metal components exposed to dust and dirt.

/ Yuchai Dozer #7  
Hello, how do you think about buy it directly from CHINA, I'm living in CHINA, If you are interesting in this, contact with me. my email is:
I recommend that you not even consider this offer Craig, for a number of reasons. I will PM you.