Buying Advice Jinma JM404 series avaliability

/ Jinma JM404 series avaliability #1  

sloopjohn

Tractor
Kubota
Located in central Florida and am seeking the Jinma JM 404 series tractor with front end loader.
Are there any East Coast importers? Dealers?
Any advice on my trying to import ?
Hate to pay freight from Oregon. Thanks, - john

/ Jinma JM404 series avaliability #2  
There's RanchHand Supply in Virginia and Affordable Tractor in Texas as well as Circle-G Tractor in Mississippi. All three are listed in the advertisers' index on this site and all are top notch dealers. Good dealer prep makes a big difference in how a tractor runs and lasts, believe me.

You might also call Sonic Tractor Parts at 800-695-3948. They're in Doral, FL and several years ago I bought my 304 Jinma crate tractor and FEL from them. They no longer advertise tractors, just parts, but they may be willing to import one for you.

/ Jinma JM404 series avaliability #3  
Understand that when you self import your still have to pay freight from the bonding warehouse to your front door, plus there are documenting and bond fees, etc. Lots of hoops to jump through, but doable. Also be aware that when they get their money, the tractor is yours - sitting on a wharf next to a ship in China. Many tractors have been lost at sea. Make sure it's insured.

/ Jinma JM404 series avaliability #4  
JM404 is not common in the US. This will eventually present you with a problem obtaining engine parts, notably those associated with the smaller displacement. You're better off shopping for a JM454 or equivalent competitor

The importer for Chinese tractors sold by Rural King farm stores is in FL, although that means you'd be buying Foton rather than Jinma. But for my money, Foton is the better tractor. In the range you're considering, there's a FT404 and a FT454, the former being more common here.

//greg//

/ Jinma JM404 series avaliability
Thank You ! Called RanchHandSupply before posting - understand they are not presently importing due to economic slowdown. Will persue your other leads.

/ Jinma JM404 series avaliability
Thank you! Sounds like importing would be an interesting/challening learning experience. Will exaust regional avaliability before attempting. . . .