Jimna low loader lift.

/ Jimna low loader lift. #21  
Yes, you have the wrong fluid for one. I run AW32 in my hydros and 80W90 gear oil in my tranny and front axle.

Chris

/ Jimna low loader lift. #22  
Sounds like a pressure issue. Either pressure is not being built or pressure is being released.
My diagnostic procedure when a pressure gauge is not available:
1) Wind the hand control relief valve all the way in and test loader operation with low to mid rpm. Bearing in mind the relief valve will not operate at all so listen to the engine making note of how hard it's working. If the engine begins to labor excessively, immediately move the hand control to the central position. If the loader operation is restored then adjustment/repair is required to the relief valve. A good setting without a pressure gauge is just enough to lift the tractor on the tip (cutting edge) of the bucket when the bucket is laying flat.
2) Pump failure. Remove the pump, 2 bolts only diagonal to each other. Check the tounge of the pump and the shaft the tongue locates to for rounding. Rounding will allow the tounge to just grab then slip when a load is placed on it. Many engines have been fitted with the wrong transition drive shaft, I have replaced many. The transition drive can be repaired correctly using a welder. If the tongue shows no signs of rounding replace the pump.

From previous experience my guess is rounding of the shaft. Hope this helps.

Dean

/ Jimna low loader lift. #23  
Sounds like a pressure issue. Either pressure is not being built or pressure is being released.
My diagnostic procedure when a pressure gauge is not available:
1) Wind the hand control relief valve all the way in and test loader operation with low to mid rpm. Bearing in mind the relief valve will not operate at all so listen to the engine making note of how hard it's working. If the engine begins to labor excessively, immediately move the hand control to the central position. If the loader operation is restored then adjustment/repair is required to the relief valve. A good setting without a pressure gauge is just enough to lift the tractor on the tip (cutting edge) of the bucket when the bucket is laying flat.
2) Pump failure. Remove the pump, 2 bolts only diagonal to each other. Check the tounge of the pump and the shaft the tongue locates to for rounding. Rounding will allow the tounge to just grab then slip when a load is placed on it. Many engines have been fitted with the wrong transition drive shaft, I have replaced many. The transition drive can be repaired correctly using a welder. If the tongue shows no signs of rounding replace the pump.

From previous experience my guess is rounding of the shaft. Hope this helps.

Dean
Anyone who takes that approach, just remember that if you overpressure the pump, you likely will blow the shaft seal (maybe crack the body too) and you may deliver your hydraulic fluid into the engine crankcase (depending on model maybe.)
Dean has said nothing incorrect; one just has to gauge one's own experience against the risks.