Jimna low loader lift.

/ Jimna low loader lift. #1  

runfastman

Tractor
Jimna 284
I have a 2006 Jimna 284. When using the loader, many times it can't lift the load. (dirt in a bank, pulling out bushes)
When this happens, it doesn't even seem to load the engine down at all. I was told if then engine isn't being loaded down, then I need to adjust the hydraulic pump. I can't see how to do this.
Is my pump bad, or does the pressure just need to be turned up somehow?

Thanks,

/ Jimna low loader lift. #2  
There is no way to adjust the pump. Does your 3 point work fine? If so its either your pressure relief valve in the FEL valve or cylinders that are bypassing internally.

You need to get a gauge and check your pressure first.

Chris

/ Jimna low loader lift.
" Does your 3 point work fine?"
The 3 point Hydraulic connection in the back? I don't know, I have never used it.
The only thing I use is the loader and a tiller and the tiller PTO seems to work fine.

/ Jimna low loader lift.
What should my pressure be, an where do I hook up to test it?

/ Jimna low loader lift. #5  
" Does your 3 point work fine?"
The 3 point Hydraulic connection in the back? I don't know, I have never used it.
The only thing I use is the loader and a tiller and the tiller PTO seems to work fine.
Not the connection, the actual rear lift. And since you use a tiller, you clearly use your rear lift. So the question remains - does it work to your satisfaction?

//greg//

/ Jimna low loader lift.
The rear lift works OK. It sometimes takes a long time to warm up and start working good.

/ Jimna low loader lift.
That is what I thought at first, but I replaced the filter, and no change. I should have mentioned that before.

/ Jimna low loader lift. #9  
That and the slow loader would be consistent with a clogged hydraulic filter.
Slow loader yes, weak loader no.

It does sound like the loader relief valve is leaking past, no pressure = no strength. This could also be an issue with the pump not building proper pressure. You really need a guage "T"d into the line between pump and loader valve to confirm and or troubleshoot this further. You are looking for the system to build 2200 PSI on the pump side of the valve when the loader is operated till one of it's cylinder reaches an end stop.

SLow to start to work can be from a couple of issues. IS it worse when cold? What hydraulic fluid are you running in the system. IF there are any leaks on the suction line between the pump and reservoir, it could take a while to pull fluid to the pump especially when cold as it is far easier to pull air instead. A clogged strainer or filter could make this situation worse.

/ Jimna low loader lift.
Can some show me where to buy a guage, I don't know exactly what I need.

Also, where is the relief valve located?

Thanks