Looking at buying a Chinese tractor

/ Looking at buying a Chinese tractor #1  

davidwd40

Tractor
None
Hello,
I'm new to this and was wondering if anyone can help me about Agrison Tractors in Australia. What I see so far from their web site they appear to be pretty good and are in my price range.
I have only ever found one secondhand on the web that was for sale but it was a little too big in horse power for what I want. Can anyone help me about small secondhand or new Agrisons and how they have found them. Agrison have a lot of ads for secondhand tractors but the links take me only to brand new ones can anyone help me find their secondhand one also. Thank you.

/ Looking at buying a Chinese tractor #2  
Don't buy a tractor, buy your local dealer or a "reputable brand" i.e. parts network.

Here in the US, I would buy anything BUT!

/ Looking at buying a Chinese tractor #3  
Don't buy a tractor, buy your local dealer or a "reputable brand" i.e. parts network.
Here in the US, I would buy anything BUT!
Do you base your bias and predjudice on personal experience? Please relate.

/ Looking at buying a Chinese tractor #4  
previous experience with "overall quality and durability" from Asian sourced ag equipment,

And After sales support.

Support means everything when the original execution is less than expectations.

/ Looking at buying a Chinese tractor #5  
Now, now, now.....China is Australia's largest natural resources customer.

I expect a lot of China produced machinery is sold and serviced in Australia.

Australia is a major trading nation; much, much closer to China than to the USA.

/ Looking at buying a Chinese tractor #6  
I own a Chinese tractor (Jinma) and love it. Nice simple technology and no silly frills. The Chinese make fine tractors, but like any piece of "heavy" equipment, they take more maintenance than your family car. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Chinese tractor again, either.

That said, there have been a few threads on this and other forums regarding the Agrison tractors sold in Australia, and the general consensus is that they're marginal and the dealer support is appallingly bad. I'd recommend you look at another brand such as Jinma, Mahindra, Dong Feng, Foton, (Euroleopard in GB), and others. Where there's that many people all complaining about one particular brand and dealer, there is probably something to it. And those ads for used tractors that redirect you to new tractors only makes me think of deceptive trade practices. If nothing else, at least check with your Australian trades council or whatever the consumer protection group is called.

/ Looking at buying a Chinese tractor
Thank you all for your responses, what I should have done was see if there are any Australians out there who use different chinese tractors that are imported into Australia.
I do know that while Chinese tractors are world wide in different countries there are different laws in relation to what can be sold and what is expected. I thank you Rich Waugh and think the best thing I should do is have a thread that will bring in hopefully Australian Chinese Tractor Owners. Again my thanks to you all and sorry for not getting it right in the first place.

/ Looking at buying a Chinese tractor #8  
what size are you after, i have a 25hp foton euroleppard, have had it around 5 to 6 years, i can't really complain it has had a hard worklife and been out in the weather, the tacho, hour meter stoped at around 200hrs, the slasher is going to bits, but the gearbox on it is still going, mine has the deep reduction, some of the slashing has required it, they are cheap on ebay s/h with around 100 hrs on them for $3000, the only regret i have is the brake pedals are a bit to small for my foot, i'd buy another tomorrow, i choose the size for the weight, i would of liked the 4x4, it was overweight, and when i have bean stuck i would of needed a which for that too
cheers stuart

/ Looking at buying a Chinese tractor #9  
Hello,
I'm new to this and was wondering if anyone can help me about Agrison Tractors in Australia. What I see so far from their web site they appear to be pretty good and are in my price range.
I have only ever found one secondhand on the web that was for sale but it was a little too big in horse power for what I want. Can anyone help me about small secondhand or new Agrisons and how they have found them. Agrison have a lot of ads for secondhand tractors but the links take me only to brand new ones can anyone help me find their secondhand one also. Thank you.

Don't know of anyone who has seen a list of secondhand tractors from them.
The small Agricat/Agrison tractors seem to be Luzhong if you want a secondhand one you could look here Tractor Fumetsu IT IS NOT IT HAS Been Rebadged IT IS A Luzhong | eBay.
or here...Agrison Agricat 2011 FT304 30Hp 4x4 Tractor, Backhoe, Slasher | Heavy, Farming & Agriculture Equipment | Gumtree Australia Hume Area - Campbellfield.
or here .......http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/260276-nothappyjan.html.
or here......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9tJf1gvvTk.

Just do a search on here for Agrison/Agricat although a lot of forums have been deleted there is still enough information to help you make up your own mind.

/ Looking at buying a Chinese tractor
Thank you gentlemen, jkis thanks sir, like I say I just looking at present and have found it hard to find secondhand Agrison tractors to look at.
zonta223 I'll have a look at these you have posted here, thanks for your help people is good to be able to get advice from others. Thank you all.