ok what oil filter for a y385

/ ok what oil filter for a y385 #1  

reelnative

Silver Member
Tractor
ford 3500,cat 416 w extenda hoe,bobcat 853,john deere110,kioti 3054, taskmaster 426e
ok I know you guys have prob hashed this over 1000 times and I looked thru as many post as I could find in here and have bought a fram ph3950, ph3985, napa 1626, and 1381 and a fram 3795 and none fit my tractor, today I pulled the threded rod that holds the filter on my tractor off and it is from outer thred to outer thred 29mm or 7/8in does anyone know what filter I can use on this tractor the org one is black with a bunch of chinese symbols and no numbers but in english it does say change every 200hrs, thanks guys

/ ok what oil filter for a y385 #2  
   / ok what oil filter for a y385
so its a 24mm it does look like the shorter filter, my threaded rod on the filter intake had a slit in it and I took a machinest ruler and it was 29mm from outer thread to outer thread, do they measure from the inside of the thread ? if so then I could see 24mm, is there a cross over for that

please for the love of all that is good hahahahah someone has to have a number for this filter, I dont want to have to pay 20.00 for a 4.00 filter this is crazy

/ ok what oil filter for a y385 #6  
I cant believe the PH3950 does not work. This is what most take.

Chris

/ ok what oil filter for a y385 #7  
Did you unscrew that nipple from the filter boss? It may be that you can screw it out a few turns and retighten the locknut. The reason the filters won't engage is that the domestic filters are more concave on the top and the nipple in the stock installation extends too little to engage the filter threads. Mine was screwed way up into the boss. I was able to unscrew mine and maintain plenty of thread engagement in both filter and boss with the domestic filter engaged. I run a Napa Gold 1516 filter on mine...

Did you unscrew that nipple from the filter boss? It may be that you can screw it out a few turns and retighten the locknut. The reason the filters won't engage is that the domestic filters are more concave on the top and the nipple in the stock installation extends too little to engage the filter threads. Mine was screwed way up into the boss. I was able to unscrew mine and maintain plenty of thread engagement in both filter and boss with the domestic filter engaged. I run a Napa Gold 1516 filter on mine...

my nipple is out pretty far when its screwed in and would work on any filter but I cant find one thats 24mm