Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    N. Holland tc30

Default Re: did I break anything?

Sounds like you're in the home stretch now.
    Let us know how it works out.....we'll all have a cold PBR with ya.

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Is that the same shop that screwed them up? They better not charge you one cent. In fact, I wouldn't trust them to install new seats but I'd make them pay for them.
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer with twin GCR-2 laser receivers, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe (sold).

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Rhino 324

no, not the same place. completely different. Should be done by Monday. I do not even want to go into the other place ever again.
    My eyes bugged out when I saw those seats. I was sure that they were ok. The new shop said looked like it had been there a while, and that water in the engine could cause this. So now just waiting... and order the gasket tomorrow... can not believe I forgot to do that today..

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Rhino 324

ok, another update on the project. Got the head back, they were able to machine the valves and seats.
    Got it all back together again. And That is what my tractor sounds like. She is alive and running, I will have to button up a few items.
    Another question that I have is one for the preheater. The fuel is fed in and pulled down the intake. But on my tractor that fuel comes from the top of the injectors, which has no fuel in it. Anyone have this type of set up and tell me where I can get a small fuel bowl for this, that I can hang on the tractor? Will it have to be higher than the intake? or will it pull the fuel in even if it is a little lower?

You guys deserve all the thanks in the world. More to do, but it is running, so I can do those now! Thanks
    Doug

Tractor
    Jinma 284

Quote Originally Posted by whynot162 View Post
    ok, another update on the project. Got the head back, they were able to machine the valves and seats.
    Got it all back together again. And That is what my tractor sounds like. She is alive and running, I will have to button up a few items.
    Another question that I have is one for the preheater. The fuel is fed in and pulled down the intake. But on my tractor that fuel comes from the top of the injectors, which has no fuel in it. Anyone have this type of set up and tell me where I can get a small fuel bowl for this, that I can hang on the tractor? Will it have to be higher than the intake? or will it pull the fuel in even if it is a little lower?

You guys deserve all the thanks in the world. More to do, but it is running, so I can do those now! Thanks
    Doug
    There should be a fuel bowl below the tank shutoff, that is where most of them have been on all the ones I have seen. The injectors since about 2000 were direct injection, not a wet intake on most of the 254/284s...

Great to hear you got the old boy back running !!!

Mark
    I may remember why I went to the other end of the shop, I'm just afraid once I get there I'll forget how to get back!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Rhino 324

I do have a settling bowl below the tank, that feeds the fuel pump. Is this the one? or is there a 2nd? if it is the one, then I just need to find a way to adapt the fitting to add the small fuel line?
    Thanks
    Doug

Tractor
    Ford 3000-Rhino 554,Co-Op ,Honda ,Gilson riding mowers

Quote Originally Posted by whynot162 View Post

Doug

My Rhino/Shanghai 554 is kind of like that -

the thermo-start is fed diesel from the return line from the injectors and is also tied into the top of the second fuel filter top feed bolt. here's a picture -rhino-finished-001-jpg

the funny thing is that the factory manual shows a different routing of the thermo-start fuel feed- one that sounds just like yours-in that the thermo-start is fed directly from the injector fuel return line.

I guess they made a change during production, and the way it is now works well. hopefully someone with an alternate fuel supply routing will chime in with a better fuel supply to thermo-start.

hope this helps

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Whoever installed that preheater didn't know what they were doing. Apparently they thought that fuel circulated through the leak-off line from the injectors, which it doesn't. To use that preheater, and to keep it simple, you'll have to install a small reservoir (about a pint) above the heater so it will gravity feed it. There are more complex ways but I thought I'd keep it simple.
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer with twin GCR-2 laser receivers, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe (sold).

Tractor
    Jinma 284

Little bit of info for my clarification. You are wanting to install a flame system pre-heater? (One that feeds fuel to a spark plug or glow plug and ignites it inside the intake.?) These are common on DUETZ engines and other small air cooled diesels but i have not seen any on the JINMAS though I am not familiar with the new ones. On my vintage Jinma 2002 it uses Glow Plugs only, they are heated and directly in combustion chamber to create a hot spot when cranking to help it start. They are not pre-heating air in intake like it sounds like you are after.

There would need to be a few additional items added to make the engine flame heating system work on most Jinmas. Timing relay, flame glow/spark plug and the additional fuel sol/feed lines etc.

Mark
    I may remember why I went to the other end of the shop, I'm just afraid once I get there I'll forget how to get back!

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Quote Originally Posted by SPIKER View Post
    These are common on DUETZ engines and other small air cooled diesels but i have not seen any on the JINMAS though I am not familiar with the new ones.
    Cummins used that system for years, as well as Waukesha, Allis Chalmers, etc. They had a small hand pump and switch mounted in the gauge panel.

I would inspect your cylinder head to see if glow plugs could be installed instead. Look for small pipe plugs next to the injectors.
    Many Jinma's with the TY series engines were shipped with both systems installed, but only one of them connected.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast