3-Point Hitch Partially seperated lifter

/ Partially seperated lifter #1  

Bradtot

Tractor
Henan Qianli
Hello can anybody explain to me what the term
"partially seperated lifter " means in reference to the 3 point linkage on a chinese tractor.
This is stated on my QLN 304 Henan Qianli tractor I purchased direct from China in the brochure/quotation.
I orderd it with the multiway valves for things like an external tipper or any device that needs hydrolics to operate.
My 3 point linkage will only work if I have one of the multiway valves activated (but nothing connected to it), otherwise it wont go up or down using the diverter lever.
I have been told this is how it works from the manufacturer as it has a " partially seperated Lifter".
If I have the valve activated all appears normal when using the 3 point linkage, even adjusting the flow for speed and locking with the adjustment valve knob under the seat working as it should.
anybody got any Ideas?
Muchly appreciated
Brad:laughing:

/ Partially seperated lifter #2  
Sorry, never heard of a 3 PH that operates like that. That sounds like a badly designed system. Dead heading a valve all the time is not good for the tractors relief valve or pump. It generates a lot of heat also.

/ Partially seperated lifter #3  
In the presence of a "multivalve" system (2 or more hydraulic remotes and an associated controller), the "adjustment valve knob" under the seat does not come into play. Had you a single hydraulic remote, it would - as you say - divert the flow. But given that you have a complete multiway configuration, that knob is only used to regulate the lift arm vertical rate of fall. Technically, it's called the flow control valve. Tightening it slows the flow return to the sump, and is what you want to prevent heavy 3ph loads from hitting the ground too hard. Turn it the other way lets fluid back into the sump faster. Naturally, that's for lighter loads. Open it all the way for no load at all.

//greg//

/ Partially seperated lifter #4  
Is this a separate valveblock?
i think they either have connected it wrongly or have not used a valve whit power beyond so when the external valve is in neutral the oil goes to return and are not sent to your 3pt lift.

/ Partially seperated lifter
Sorry, never heard of a 3 PH that operates like that. That sounds like a badly designed system. Dead heading a valve all the time is not good for the tractors relief valve or pump. It generates a lot of heat also.

Hi Gary thanks for the reply. The pump is not deadheaded and all appears normal, but as I say without me moving any one of the multiway valves I cant get the diverter valve to raise or lower the 3pl. I have at the moment cable tied (zip Tied) one of my multiway valves in the open position. Doing this I get the 3pl to raise and lower but I must admit the valve under the seat that regulates lift and descend is very touchy, not much turning and it will drop fast. If I turn this valve I can lock whatever I have attached so it dont move.so this to me is normal?
This is my first Tractor and I am still learning
Brad

/ Partially seperated lifter
In the presence of a "multivalve" system (2 or more hydraulic remotes and an associated controller), the "adjustment valve knob" under the seat does not come into play. Had you a single hydraulic remote, it would - as you say - divert the flow. But given that you have a complete multiway configuration, that knob is only used to regulate the lift arm vertical rate of fall. Technically, it's called the flow control valve. Tightening it slows the flow return to the sump, and is what you want to prevent heavy 3ph loads from hitting the ground too hard. Turn it the other way lets fluid back into the sump faster. Naturally, that's for lighter loads. Open it all the way for no load at all.

Greg your explanation seems to be correct, what I dont understand is if I dont have the multiway valve opened I get no movement at all from the 3pl with or without a load when I move the divertor lever to raise or lower. It does nothing at all.
Surley I should be able to raise and lower the 3pl without having to use one or both of the multiway valve levers?
The pump on this is a dual pump and has a seperate power steering section from one half of the hydraulic pump.
This is what confuses me and when I ask the chinese manufaturer in china all he can tell me is that it is a partially seperated lifter and that is how it is. I want to know how I can lift up my 6 foot slasher without having to have one of the multiway valve levers activated, but the guy in china cant tell me. I may still have a problem that I am unaware of as I am not familiar with tractors.
I will keep asking and maybe something that someone says will give me a clue. There are no tractors of this brand anywhere close that I can look at, but it is very similar to the foton's nd the Jimma's and the one that the northern tool guys sell as I downloaded the manual and it is almost word for word to the manual that came with the tractor.
many thanks for your input and help
Brad

/ Partially seperated lifter #7  
Can't say their answer makes sense to me either. But many of the issues I've had with my own 4 Chinese tractors were eventually fathomed after reflecting on some of the diagrams in the owner manuals. I'd like to see the hydraulic system diagram from the parts manual, and the hydraulic system schematic from the operation/maintenance manual if possible.

I say this because the manuals are often very literal translations from the Chinese versions. As such, a lot of western terminology and phraseology is lost. If I use the American English terminology, it might be easier for you to correlate it with similar terms/phrases where you live. First, what you're calling a multivalve system is ordinarily called "hydraulic remotes" and/or "power beyond". If it has a center detente control valve, it's a remote. If not, it's power beyond. In your case, it sounds like you have at least one pair of remotes - probably two. And a control lever for each pair. Am I correct so far? If yes, I'll continue with more westernization.

//greg//