Hydraulic Fluid Level

/ Hydraulic Fluid Level #1  

dawich3

Tractor
2005 NorTrac N204C
Hi Folks,

I have a 2006 Nortrac 204C I bought used. I went to check the hydraulic fluid level behind the seat and the dipstick was totally missing. The plug and vent cap are there. Needless to say I was quite surprised. I measured the level with a metal rule and the fluid is 4 inches from the top of the threads in the case. Can someone tell me if I need to add fluid? I will be ordering a replacement dipstick however, I need to use it before it arrives. I don't see/feel anything abnormal in the operation of the FEL and box scraper. I just want to make sure I don't damage anything. Thanks for any help.

Dave

/ Hydraulic Fluid Level #2  
Leave the level as is until you get the replacement. If you were too low, the resultant air in the system would cause erratic motion of the FEL and TPH. When you do get it, don't screw it back in to check fluid level. On Asian machines, threaded dipsticks just get set ON the hole for level checks.

//greg/'/

/ Hydraulic Fluid Level
Thanks, Greg.

Dave

/ Hydraulic Fluid Level #4  
4" might be a little low, but not by much. Underfilled might give some erratic operation as Greg mentioned. Overfilling may cause it to burp a little fluid out of the vent, but won't hurt anything. Even when filled to the correct level on the dipstick, they can still burp some fluid when working with the nose upslope as the vent is all the way at the rear of the case...