Farm Pro Tractor 2425

/ Farm Pro Tractor 2425 #1  

VernonD1

Tractor
Far Pro 2425
I have a Farm Pro Tractor 2425 I engaged the pto yesterday for the first time and then last night I tried starting it and it started but it would not move in first or reverse is there anybody who can help me with this problem. There was no grinding after pushing in the clutch or letting it go. This is my first tractor.

Thanks,
Vernon

/ Farm Pro Tractor 2425 #2  
But it moves forward in gears 2/3/4? Just not in 1st or reverse?

//greg//

/ Farm Pro Tractor 2425 #3  
IF it runs in second and third, it sounds like the pin that holds the first-second shift fork on the sliding shift rod may have let go... Rod is moving but the shift fork that moves the slider gear between 1st and R isn't...

/ Farm Pro Tractor 2425 #4  
First and reverse are on the same shift fork so I would assume something with the shift fork. On my Jinma I had that fork break, it is not a difficult repair and seems to happen fairly often. The top of the gearbox is held on with six bolts, if you remove them you can look in and see what's going on. You don't have to drain the fluid or anything, just take out the bolts and lift off the cover and look in. Replacing the fork is easy, it's held on with a pin that you drive out (I used a hammer and an old drill bit), then slide on the new one and drive the pin back in. Once I had the new part the whole thing took five minutes.

If the fork is broken, don't drive the tractor until you replace it. Make sure you have all of the pieces before putting it back together, a leftover piece can make a mess of the gearbox.

/ Farm Pro Tractor 2425 #5  
If it is not moving in ANY GEAR then make sure the HI/LO shift lever is in one or other (HI or LO) and the CREEPER lever is in (Normal or Creeper) It is easy to get ONE of the THREE shifters out of gear and have no motion out of it.
Otherwise if it is ONLY 1st/Revers see above posts about shift forks internal to transmission.

Mark