Shenniu Tractor Problems

/ Shenniu Tractor Problems #1  

aivy

Tractor
Shenniu 354
Hi! This is my 1st time at this. I have a 2001 Shenniu 354 4wd tractor with front bucket. I broke the PTO clutch shaft right behind the pressure plate. I need a new shaft and some input on how to replace it.

/ Shenniu Tractor Problems #2  
:welcome: check out the forums for your make of tractor.

/ Shenniu Tractor Problems #5  
Ouch! The PTO shaft runs all the way thru the middle of the transmission. Do you have big tools and a flat smooth garage floor? At the least, you will have to split the tractor in two and disassemble most of the transmission to allow removal of that inner PTO shaft from the outer transmission shaft...

/ Shenniu Tractor Problems #6  
I'm not specifically qualified to address a Shennui 354, so I don't know if it splits into 3 sections or 4 sections. Three sections would be engine/bell housing & mid-connect box/transmission & rear diff. Four sections would be engine/bell housing/mid-connect box/transmission & rear diff. The PTO shaft and main drive shaft are typically nested in the bell housing and mid-connect box; that is, the PTO shaft rotates independently inside the main drive shaft. But they don't run all the way through to the rear end. Whether 3 sections or 4, the two shafts remain nested as far as the output of the mid-connect. They are then split into separate shafts inside the transmission.

If a 3 segment tractor, you can put the bell housing/midconnect box on the bench to replace the inner (PTO) shaft. If it's a 4 segment tractor, you have to determine if the break is in the bell housing or in the mid-connect. Once determined, that segment goes on the bench to replace the inner shaft. If the nested segment(s) are unbroken, you're facing a bigger problem. That means going into the transmission & rear differential segment from the top. That said, you don't have to go very deep. The PTO shaft is positioned higher in the housing than is the main drive shaft

//greg//

/ Shenniu Tractor Problems
Thanks for the info. I got the old one out, and am working on finding a new one.
aivy

/ Shenniu Tractor Problems #8  
Affordable Tractor Sales should have what you need, or know where you can get it. They're listed in the advertiser's index here.

Thanks guys. I have a new part on the way from china through Red River Supply Co.

aivy

Thanks guys. I have a new part on the way from china through Red River Supply Co.

aivy
I got the part on the 19th of April. I don't have it back together yet, but it's looking good.