Hydraulic pump specs Jinma 354

/ Hydraulic pump specs Jinma 354 #1  

longharbor

Tractor
New Holland Boomer 35
I have a Jinma 354 and want to attach a hydraulic log splitter that needs a hydraulic pump delivering minimum 11 gallons per minute to operate. There are no specs for hydraulic pump output in the manual and I wonder if anybody could provide this information.

/ Hydraulic pump specs Jinma 354 #2  
I have a Jinma 354 and want to attach a hydraulic log splitter that needs a hydraulic pump delivering minimum 11 gallons per minute to operate. There are no specs for hydraulic pump output in the manual and I wonder if anybody could provide this information.

I run a hydraulic 3 point log splitter off my Jinma 284. It has a 4" cylinder with 24" stroke and it will split anything I throw at it with the tractor purring along at 1200 rpm's. I think it's only 7 gallons per minute but it's cycle time is plenty fast.

Chris

/ Hydraulic pump specs Jinma 354
Thanks for your reply Chris. I've just had a response from the Jinma factory informing me that the 354's pump only delivers 8.7 gal/min so I'll have to think again.

/ Hydraulic pump specs Jinma 354 #4  
Your problem is solved if you'd consider a PTO pump. Just buy one to meet/exceed your 11 gpm spec. I found one right here in the time it took me to type "pto pump 11 gpm". With a little more searching, I'm quite sure you'll find more reasonable/local pricing as well.

//greg//

/ Hydraulic pump specs Jinma 354 #5  
Provided that your splitter has a reservoir for the hydraulic fluid, I'd recommend a PTO hydraulic pump. If the splitter doesn't have a reservoir of its own, you'd either need to add one to use a PTO pump or use the tractor's pump. I do believe that the tractor's pump would be reasonably adequate for most splitters.

/ Hydraulic pump specs Jinma 354 #6  
I'd try the tractor pump first and if it didn't perform THEN, I'd fork over the money to get a PTO pump. bjr

/ Hydraulic pump specs Jinma 354 #7  
Thanks for your reply Chris. I've just had a response from the Jinma factory informing me that the 354's pump only delivers 8.7 gal/min so I'll have to think again.

I bet mine moves less gph but it does just fine.

Chris

/ Hydraulic pump specs Jinma 354
Your problem is solved if you'd consider a PTO pump. Just buy one to meet/exceed your 11 gpm spec. I found one right here in the time it took me to type "pto pump 11 gpm". With a little more searching, I'm quite sure you'll find more reasonable/local pricing as well.

//greg//

Thanks Greg, considering that but it does increase the overall cost by 30%.

/ Hydraulic pump specs Jinma 354 #9  

i am not absolutely sure of this -But- if that pump is like most chinese engine driven models of the CBN-312-320 series , you may be able to replace the 7.- gallon unit with the 320 model which I believe is just over 10 gpm.
eventually i am thinking of this mod for my tractor Affordable had them, here https://affordabletractorsalesco.co...ategory=Hydraulic Pumps&category=Parts Center
this pump will also increase the speed of your FEL at the same time...

The other benefit is this is a virtual bolt on... and it only costs about $ 211 and leaves you a spare

Good Luck with whatever method you choose

/ Hydraulic pump specs Jinma 354 #10  
If you do upgrade your hydraulic pump, make sure that you install another pressure relief vale in your system - preferably at the pump discharge. The pressure relief valves on the tractor should not be relied on. Also install a pressure gauge in your hydraulic system to monitor the pressure. Not having the proper relief capabilities will soon render your new upgraded hydraulic pump useless with a split casing. Don't ask how I know.