Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Jinma 354

Default Hydraulic pump specs Jinma 354

I have a Jinma 354 and want to attach a hydraulic log splitter that needs a hydraulic pump delivering minimum 11 gallons per minute to operate. There are no specs for hydraulic pump output in the manual and I wonder if anybody could provide this information.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by longharbor View Post
    I have a Jinma 354 and want to attach a hydraulic log splitter that needs a hydraulic pump delivering minimum 11 gallons per minute to operate. There are no specs for hydraulic pump output in the manual and I wonder if anybody could provide this information.
    I run a hydraulic 3 point log splitter off my Jinma 284. It has a 4" cylinder with 24" stroke and it will split anything I throw at it with the tractor purring along at 1200 rpm's. I think it's only 7 gallons per minute but it's cycle time is plenty fast.

Chris

Tractor
    Jinma 354

Default Re: Hydraulic pump specs Jinma 354

Thanks for your reply Chris. I've just had a response from the Jinma factory informing me that the 354's pump only delivers 8.7 gal/min so I'll have to think again.

Tractor
    JD3720 Cab, 300X loader with 4-in-1 bucket

Your problem is solved if you'd consider a PTO pump. Just buy one to meet/exceed your 11 gpm spec. I found one right here in the time it took me to type "pto pump 11 gpm". With a little more searching, I'm quite sure you'll find more reasonable/local pricing as well.

//greg//
    USN (Ret)
    Former Chinese tractor owner (x4)
    Current John Deere owner

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma JM304

Provided that your splitter has a reservoir for the hydraulic fluid, I'd recommend a PTO hydraulic pump. If the splitter doesn't have a reservoir of its own, you'd either need to add one to use a PTO pump or use the tractor's pump. I do believe that the tractor's pump would be reasonably adequate for most splitters.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma JM354

I'd try the tractor pump first and if it didn't perform THEN, I'd fork over the money to get a PTO pump. bjr

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Thanks for your reply Chris. I've just had a response from the Jinma factory informing me that the 354's pump only delivers 8.7 gal/min so I'll have to think again.
    I bet mine moves less gph but it does just fine.

Chris

Tractor
    Jinma 354

Quote Originally Posted by greg_g View Post
    Your problem is solved if you'd consider a PTO pump. Just buy one to meet/exceed your 11 gpm spec. I found one right here in the time it took me to type "pto pump 11 gpm". With a little more searching, I'm quite sure you'll find more reasonable/local pricing as well.

//greg//
    Thanks Greg, considering that but it does increase the overall cost by 30%.

Tractor
    Ford 3000-Rhino 554,Co-Op ,Honda ,Gilson riding mowers

i am not absolutely sure of this -But- if that pump is like most chinese engine driven models of the CBN-312-320 series , you may be able to replace the 7.- gallon unit with the 320 model which I believe is just over 10 gpm.
    eventually i am thinking of this mod for my tractor Affordable had them, here https://affordabletractorsalesco.com...Parts%20Center
    this pump will also increase the speed of your FEL at the same time...

The other benefit is this is a virtual bolt on... and it only costs about $ 211 and leaves you a spare

Good Luck with whatever method you choose

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    1959 MF-65 sold, 2007 Jinma 554 diesel.

If you do upgrade your hydraulic pump, make sure that you install another pressure relief vale in your system - preferably at the pump discharge. The pressure relief valves on the tractor should not be relied on. Also install a pressure gauge in your hydraulic system to monitor the pressure. Not having the proper relief capabilities will soon render your new upgraded hydraulic pump useless with a split casing. Don't ask how I know.
    2007 Jinma 554 tractor, FEL, 8ft Rear Blade, 73" Snowblower, 2002 3500 Dodge Ram 4x4, 1986 F250 4x4 SC 6.9 turboed diesel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast