farm pro 2425 3 pt hitch wont lift, leaking...

/ farm pro 2425 3 pt hitch wont lift, leaking... #1  

farmerben8

Tractor
Jinma 254
As the title says I cant get my lift arms on the 3 pt hitch to rise very far. Ive got a tiller on the back and I can just barely get it off the ground. I'm not sure how high these things go but it seems I should have a bit more lift than this!
The lever next to the seat is leaking fluid around the housing, Im thinking the whole assembly may need a rebuild. Who can walk me through this?
Thanks!

/ farm pro 2425 3 pt hitch wont lift, leaking... #2  
Tommy at Affordable Tractors will get you all fixed up if you need a part.

The lift has a rod that has a couple stops on it that can be adjusted. It's a follower type rod on the right lift arm just behind the lever you use to control the lift. Take a look at it.

Also, check your fluid level.

Chris

/ farm pro 2425 3 pt hitch wont lift, leaking... #3  
   / farm pro 2425 3 pt hitch wont lift, leaking...
yeah, ok that rod doesn't seem to be restricting any movement. In fact, the lock nuts and threads are a ways away from engaging in the hole on the arm itself, so it seems like they aren't really doing anything. Hydraulic fluid is full.

/ farm pro 2425 3 pt hitch wont lift, leaking... #5  
Hi fellow WNC resident,
Make sure you have hydraulic fluid & not universal oil
The 1st Jinma I had had sluggish hydraulics, the FEL worked some, & the rear lift worked less, but slow.
Prior owner had put universal oil in everything, even the engine,
Changed the fluid & put a new filter in the rear sump, rear lift worked a lot better, but I don't think it ever worked 100%
David

/ farm pro 2425 3 pt hitch wont lift, leaking... #6  
IS there a lowering speed regulator valve on the tractor? It looks like a round/flat water faucet type knob down in front of the seat. IF this is screwed in too far, it could be restricting flow into the 3PH.

Where exactly on the control valve is the fluid leaking from?

If there is a diverter valve in the system, this could be a problem. The diverter valve is located up in front of your right foot when seated. What it does is divert flow to the steering as a priority when the steering is operated. If it is stuck, it could be diverting all the time robbing fluid flow from the 3PH. A test for this is to turn the wheel while lifting the 3PH control lever. What this does is the steering causes pressure to build in the line and the 3PH may move a little faster when the wheel is turned...

As mentioned should be just plain hydraulic fluid in the hydraulics such as AW-32, not UTF...

ok, yes thanks. Been busy haven't had time to check this thing out entirely.

It has correct hydraulic fluid in there, just changed it and the external filter. Im uncertain where to find the internal filter, or sump filter (the mesh screen one). Its definitely not under the seat, a PDF Ive found online suggests to clean the filter located here on these tractors, but it simply isn't on this model...

It is leaking from the box that sticks out below the drivers seat on the right hand side, in front of where the 3 pt lift lever is located (http://johnstractor.homestead.com/files/HydValve.jpg). It seems to be coming from the junction of the steel hydraulic line and the banjo bolt, but this is of course the lowest point on the whole assembly, so obviously this is where the fluid would run to... Ive tried simply tightening the banjo bolt. Didn't solve the problem...

The power steering on this tractor is on a completely isolated hydraulic system, it has its own fluid reservoir at the front of the tractor and a power steering pump.

Last edited:
   / farm pro 2425 3 pt hitch wont lift, leaking... #9  
You say the system has the external spin on "filter" and you replaced that? What did you replace it with?

The banjo fitting that is leaking, what is that pipe connected to, or is that the input pipe?

yeah, it was a purolator filter, replaced it with some other brand of filter that Oreillys cross referenced. It was a tight fit, but it spun right on.
I believe it is the input pipe? Think it comes directly from the pump at the front of the tractor.