Jinma 454 questions

/ Jinma 454 questions #1  

Axe Man

Bronze Member
A few weeks ago I went to look at used Kubota on a dealers lot, but it had been already sold.....Left my number with him and he called yesterday to say he's just taken a Foton 454 in on trade. I've tried to look up reviews for a Foton 454 but found nothing......I have found Jinma 454s.....So assuming this tractor is a Jinma ( don't know if it's the same manufacturer ) any input as to the quality to expect?
It's a 2010 with 200 hours on it, heated cab and 4 way bucket. I have read that the tractors themselves are pretty basic and easy to work on. Not a hands on guy myself but the dealer that's selling has been around for a long time and has a full shop with good reputation ( Kioti dealer ) also my neighbour down the road is a diesel mechanic and has his own shop where he works on tractors.
The price seems pretty good but I've seen mixed reviews and know some people who weren't too happy with their Chinese tractor ( don't know if it was Jinma or not )........any advice gents? Thanks

/ Jinma 454 questions #2  
First off, a Foton is NOT a Jinma, it is a separate manufacturer. They are generally considered to be one notch better that Jinmas in overall quality. If the price is right and it has been properly maintained, it would be a good tractor. As you say, a basic tractor with no frills, but a solid performer for its weight class.

/ Jinma 454 questions
Thanks for the reply Rich. Like I said I couldn't find a Foton 454 on the internet. On the hood of the tractor it says AGRO AOYE454......The dealer called it a Foton......just trying to clear up things before I talk to the dealer.

/ Jinma 454 questions #4  
Thanks for the reply Rich. Like I said I couldn't find a Foton 454 on the internet. On the hood of the tractor it says AGRO AOYE454......The dealer called it a Foton......just trying to clear up things before I talk to the dealer.

The model number would be FT454. The 45hp Foton is not all that common. You usually find they are FT254, FT404, FT504 etc. Because it is a FT454 is not a problem many parts are interchangeable with the 404 and there is a great dealer on here Tommy from Affordable Tractors that deals in the above 25hp Foton's and I am sure he could supply you parts. I have had my Foton for a few years and love it. I just did a search on the net and found numerous references to the Foton Ft454 (also check out the Euroleopard ft454. A Foton rebadged under another name) or the Manufacturers web site Foton Lovol International Heavy Industry Co.,Ltd. ....This is a huge company.

Last edited:
   / Jinma 454 questions #6  
Oooops ! - you have to click on the tractor range and then you should get a list of all the models etc.

/ Jinma 454 questions
Thanks for the info Jim and zonta....If it is a Weituo product, there isn't much info[video]http://pictures.dealer.com/r/riversideforestrytc/1251/b2c25f0f0a0d02b70058d6b08e9037cf.jpg[/video]
Here's a pic

/ Jinma 454 questions #8  
Thanks for the info Jim and zonta....If it is a Weituo product, there isn't much info[video]http://pictures.dealer.com/r/riversideforestrytc/1251/b2c25f0f0a0d02b70058d6b08e9037cf.jpg[/video]
Here's a pic

It certainly looks like a Foton from the bonnet and sheet metal and what little I can see of the running gear. If you look at the left hand side (as you sit on it) on the wall of the plastic shroud that forms part of the instrument cluster ( below the gauges and to the side) you should see an identification panel listing Foton Lovel model numbers etc. Having said that if the tractor was produced "OEM" by Foton for somebody else it could have a meaningless name on it.
If the dealer is willing to put it in writing that it is a Foton and you get a good deal on it and it is in good condition you may have found your next tractor. Good luck

/ Jinma 454 questions
Thanks once again zonta: Dealer has it listed for $10,000, I'm think I'm looking at $9500.....Max.
Although it's not a lot of money, it would be for me if it was in the shop 6 months out of the year.
Here's another pic
[video]http://riversidekioti.autotrader.ca/farmequipment/used/Foton/2010-Foton-454-b2cd7fb10a0a00bf3df6b4648509a255.htm[/video]