Splitting a Jimma tractor

/ Splitting a Jimma tractor #1  

tilleyterry

Tractor
farmpro2425
My Jimma tractor is leaking oil between the motor and bell housing. I have heard that this a common complaint with these tractors. It seems the bolts between the motor and transmission back out. What is the estimated time to do this repair and the degree of difficulty.

Thanks
Terry

/ Splitting a Jimma tractor #2  
   / Splitting a Jimma tractor #4  
We have so many people that need to end up doing this, either for that exact oil leak, or for clutch replacement. Theres plenty of instructions on how to adjust the clutch, and replace it as needed, but not so many on how to split the tractor.

For a non-professional, splitting a tractor is quite the daunting task. I wish there was a solid procedure for doing it for our Jinmas, including how to make a solid stand, with rails (for alignment), that supports both the front and the back.

Im likely going to be doing mine shortly :(

/ Splitting a Jimma tractor
We have so many people that need to end up doing this, either for that exact oil leak, or for clutch replacement. Theres plenty of instructions on how to adjust the clutch, and replace it as needed, but not so many on how to split the tractor.

For a non-professional, splitting a tractor is quite the daunting task. I wish there was a solid procedure for doing it for our Jinmas, including how to make a solid stand, with rails (for alignment), that supports both the front and the back.

Im likely going to be doing mine shortly :(

I think I have lucked out. I have a friend at work who has split other tractors and is going to help me. He also has a transmission jack to help with the realignment. If anyone knows of any other maintenance I need to do while I have apart please let me know.

thanks

Terry

/ Splitting a Jimma tractor #6  
Well if you have a cherry picker that will help a lot too. be sure to cut angle wedges to hammer into the front axle pivot point between the frame and axle.

other than that I can't give much more help, but will probably be going the same direction soon with mine, maybe you can make a great write up and I can follow it ! :D

Mark

/ Splitting a Jimma tractor #7  
It's not all that bad, but you do have to wedge the front so it will not pivot . We block the front and move the rear of the tractor back ( Note you need about 6'- clear floor space to do that, Key word alignment, alignment, alignment. Do not force it back together.as you are sliding the 2- halfs back together sometimes you get within a inch and it stops, customers have went and got longer bolts and tried to pull it together , that caused a lot of problems and had to be split again. If everything is aligned it will go completely back together.remember you have to align the main shaft, PTO shaft, and pilot bearing. You want one of our splined alignment tools for sure

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

/ Splitting a Jimma tractor #8  
What's a sure way of determining if it is leaking from the motor/bell housing area?does it leak when the motor is running or shut off or both?

/ Splitting a Jimma tractor
What's a sure way of determining if it is leaking from the motor/bell housing area?does it leak when the motor is running or shut off or both?

This one only leaks when the motor is running. I can see the motor has started to separate from the bell housing. You have to split the tractor to tighten the bolts. I guess that is when I'll really see where the oil is coming from.

/ Splitting a Jimma tractor #10