Fluid changes and maintainance for old Jinma 224?

/ Fluid changes and maintainance for old Jinma 224? #1  

jbrukardt

Bronze Member
Tractor
none
Good morning all,

I made another thread a minute ago about the Jinma 224 I just bought. The price was right, but this thing was not maintained well in any way, and has a LOT of hours. Im guessing over 1000. I want to do an immediate once over all all the maintenence that has probably been missed for years.

Heres the list i have so far.

1) Replace air filter
2) Check all nuts and bolts (any particular ones here that like to loosen up?)
3) Grease the grease fittings (any guide to show where all the grease points are?)
4) Change engine oil (need some specs for what oil, and how much this thing takes)
5) Flush transmission box? (listed in the manual)
--- Looks like this takes 80W90 gear oil, and you should run it for 5 minutes with kerosene to clean it real well?)
---http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/chinese-tractors/164875-cream-colored-transmission-oil-jinma.html
6) Replace the hydraulic oil, and clean the filter (im worried about getting air in the system here..)
7) Clean the exhaust manifold

I miss anything? Or is anything not necessary?

/ Fluid changes and maintainance for old Jinma 224? #2  
Flushing the fluids is a good idea, we use Shell Rotella 15W40 in everything other than the hydraulics we use AW032 Wt.oil there,some people use 90wt in the transmission, up to you just telling you what we use.If you have the 3- cylinder it looks like a Yangdong Y380 engine, also check your injector pump for oil, it will take 4-6 oz of compressor oil . The hydraulics is self bleeding, don't worry about that

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

/ Fluid changes and maintainance for old Jinma 224?
ordered all my replacement fluids.

5 gallons of Coastal 80w90 gear oil
5 gallons of aw32 hydraulid fluid. Previous owner put ATF in there instead i think, looks like pepto bismol and is foaming like crazy
2 gallons of Delo 400 for the engine itself

still figuring out what filters i need, im not sure what my engine manufacture is yet. Gonna look under the hood tonight and check.

having trouble finding a local kerosene source.... that should be an issue though

/ Fluid changes and maintainance for old Jinma 224? #5  
Home depot sells it for there heaters

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ Fluid changes and maintainance for old Jinma 224? #6  
lot of gas stations around here have K1 on sale and Diesel works well or home heating oil too...

Mark

I went to 10 gas stations yesterday looking for k1, didnt find a single lead. Have a "hint" that a bp a number of miles away may have it.

And yeah, i know i could use diesel to flush it out, but since the PO filled the whole darn thing with ATF, i want to really give it a good clean with kerosene if i can.

Need some filter help though.

My engine is a Yangdong Y380, and one of the filters is eluding me in a US equivalent. It has absolutely zero labeling on it.

LnYT63u.jpg

3CkHyRx.jpg

eWuSzOm.jpg

SbfTPaQ.jpg

v2evH3t.jpg

The center hole is 18mm or so.

/ Fluid changes and maintainance for old Jinma 224? #8  
That's the fuel filter. If you want OE, contact Tommy. But I seem to recall there were at least two pitch/diameter specs for Y380/385 fuel filters. But that could have been oil filters, I'm not sure. Anyway, my files show aftermarket replacements to include:
AC TP1247
FRAM P6503
NAPA – 3195
WIX - 33195
BALDWIN BF790

//greg//

the one i have in my hand is the single spare i have. I can use that for now, but id like to identify an oem brand that works so i can just buy em local in the future.

I found a document from Keno (jinma clone)

284 Yang Dong

Oil Filter
JX85100C
not yet available
order from our Parts Dept.
(22x2.0 Spindle)

Fuel Filter
CX70100
WIX 33195
WIX 51614 (High Quality)

Air Filter
WIX 51551 (Standard)
WIX 42276

Id definitely like to swap out my oil filter, might have to order OE on that one.