Lower radiator hose Jinma 284 (Yangdong)

/ Lower radiator hose Jinma 284 (Yangdong) #1  

ctusdenny

Tractor
2005 Jinma 284
My lower radiator hose sprang a leak this weekend. Top hose looks fine. I've searched around the forum here for a cross reference # to buy one locally at an auto parts store. The only thing I could really find was a Prestone part # 80070. This was from a post back in 2009. Wondering if anyone has a more recent find they can share? I'm looking for something close in dimension that I can trim to fit.

Also, I noticed when taking the old hose off that it's a pretty "rigid". Has anyone had an issue trying to get this hose back on without removing the radiator, etc?

Thanks
Denny

/ Lower radiator hose Jinma 284 (Yangdong) #2  
Yep they are hard to get on/off. Not sure if you have installed a Radiator/Coolant heater but that makes it a bit worse... I have me a KATZ block/coolant heater installed in the short straight section on mine.

same old hose from back in 2002. Maybe take it off and take the hose to autoparts store for a eyeball fit check.

Mark

/ Lower radiator hose Jinma 284 (Yangdong)
Yep they are hard to get on/off. Not sure if you have installed a Radiator/Coolant heater but that makes it a bit worse... I have me a KATZ block/coolant heater installed in the short straight section on mine.

same old hose from back in 2002. Maybe take it off and take the hose to autoparts store for a eyeball fit check.

Mark

Thanks, Mark. Haven't installed a heater. Maybe something to consider, though. I'm going to take the old hose into the local auto parts store and see if I can find one that's close, like you say. That's probably easiest it seems. Thanks.

/ Lower radiator hose Jinma 284 (Yangdong) #4  
   / Lower radiator hose Jinma 284 (Yangdong) #5  
do the upper one at the same time. You'll be glad you did.

/ Lower radiator hose Jinma 284 (Yangdong)
Update:

Went to NAPA and searched around their hose bin and found a close match. I'll post the number for reference tomorrow. Anyway, the hose I found was quite a bit more flexible. That helped with install quite a bit vs. the stiff, stock hose. It does feel a little less robust, so I might have to change it sooner. No problem since the hose I found was only $9.

Had the hose replaced in 10 min. Replaced the upper hose as well. Figured get them both at once.