JW03 Back Hoe hose about to let go

/ JW03 Back Hoe hose about to let go #1  

SPIKER

Elite Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
Hi all:

I put on my back how (GUILIN) JW06 if I remember right any how I think I can maybe get these hoses made locally but thought Tommy may have them in stock for about the same price. I got it back on today after a 3 or maybe + year rest in the back barn to tear out some stumps that have been in the way for a year+.

Tommy: not sure if there is a book for these backhoes or not, I can't find mine IF I ever had one so no parts list at the moment.

anyhow couple pics of the hose in question.

The (EXTEND) hose on the middle actuator.

2nd shot

There will be a few more parts in the order if you can help me ID the part.

thanks

Mark M
Edit in the stump removal process. click for full size pics
Getting started

DEEP roots for such a junky tree

popped lose FINALLY

as you can see it was right in front of the barn approach so had to go took top out last year.

Mark

/ JW03 Back Hoe hose about to let go #4  
It appears that just the outer protective jacket (which has nothing to do with the pressure rating) has separated at the crimp. Unless there is oil coming from the break there is a lot of life left in that hose.

/ JW03 Back Hoe hose about to let go
It appears that just the outer protective jacket (which has nothing to do with the pressure rating) has separated at the crimp. Unless there is oil coming from the break there is a lot of life left in that hose.

She is dripping some so likely not a lot of life left, and that is the hose that sets 3 feet from you right in front so not in mood to get a face full of Hyd Fluid under pressure... Been there Done that more than I want ;)

One of worst was when I blew the O-Ring on the 3pt Release valve under the seat, hot fluid sprayed right up between the legs was driving back from working it in woods w 6 foot box blade on back, about 2' in air... yep was driving into wind and received a full frontal spray while wearing shorts and no shirt... :/ Was hot but not overly so and was not a lot of pressure as JM pump is a lot smaller than the Backhoe's pump so that will spray more and right in area of hose blowing off...

Will maybe stop by the local Hyd Shop and see what they carry.

Still not sure as last time I used it was 3 or 4 years ago and dont see it being used for a long time again so maybe just park it and deal with it later???

Mark

/ JW03 Back Hoe hose about to let go #6  
If I recall correctly, my LW-6 hoe (same as yours) had 17mm ORFS fittings. No hydraulic shops stock that size. Discount Hydraulic Hose used to sell adapters to JIC but they have been out for some time. Not a fast moving item I suspect.

/ JW03 Back Hoe hose about to let go
Bob: yes they are ORFS b ut not sure of the size, 17mm is probably about right... I have no way to gauge them at the moment, can check thread pitch and dia if I want to pop it loose.

I used it a bit today to moved some rocks into my culvert project and cut the top soil off for new propane line coming in 2 weeks...

pic of one of the rocks, used the HOE to place/stack them & keep my tooties out of harms way (this little piggy said wee wee wee all way home.) lol

WISH I had a THUMB on the hoe for this kind of work, slide bucket under as well as I can., get off and push rock in some and then hold rock and bump handle to get rock rest of way in bucket... :/

some of the pickers I stacked up prior

You can see the shape of the old trailer home frame bridge that is being filled in with two 24" x 12' metal culverts. I actually cut a 24' in half and used 1" galv pipe to weld the two half's together to set location easier.

NOTE: WELDING GALVANIZED METAL IS DANGEROUS IT CAN KILL YOU! I have done this for a living and know what/how to do it safely.

Mark

/ JW03 Back Hoe hose about to let go #8  
I had similar hose problems last year. See http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/chinese-tractors/287135-leaking-hw04-backhoe-hose.html?highlight=.

At one time Ronald sold adaptors but last year they were no longer available so I made up my own hoses. In fact, I've made a lot of hoses with the reusable ends but the problem is connecting them to the ORF of the BH. My posted thread shows how I did it.

If anyone wants more detail about hose type, PN's for reusable ends, etc. I'd be glad to post it.

Basically I made up a new hose to go from the BH control valve all the way out to the dipper cylinder. I simply cut the Chinese hose off the ORF end and saved the end. Then I had the ORF end welded on to the SAE hose I made up. It works great and now I'm confident I can replace all of them if the need arises!

/ JW03 Back Hoe hose about to let go #10  
Thumb - What's not to like about this?
THUMB.jpg