Can only engage PTO with engine Off? Farm Pro 2425/JINMA

/ Can only engage PTO with engine Off? Farm Pro 2425/JINMA #1  

Garycw

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R w/ fel, Farm Pro 2425, ford 841 & 851
Hi guys, hope there's a simple solution to my problem.Just got the tractor and the pto works, but can not engage with engine running. It just grinds the gears. I sure don't want to damage anything. Is there some kind of throw out bearing not working or is this how they are? I've tried different combinations of the engage lever and pto speed from neutral?whats the normal procedure for engaging? Any help or advice is appreciated.

/ Can only engage PTO with engine Off? Farm Pro 2425/JINMA #2  
Not sure about your tractor, but have you tried engaging it with the clutch pushed in?

/ Can only engage PTO with engine Off? Farm Pro 2425/JINMA #3  
Assuming you ar epushingthe clutch in and trying to engage it and it grinds, then answer a couple questions for us.

1, is this a dual clutch machine?

2, how many hours on it?

3, clutch been acting fine, or do you use the clutch often for speed control?

4, have you adjusted freeplay down to it's minimum setting?

/ Can only engage PTO with engine Off? Farm Pro 2425/JINMA
I believe it's a two stage clutch.ive tried it all the way down & half way too.
The clutch works fine for everything else. there's only about 225 hours on tractor.
There's one lever for 540-N-1000 and another lever for engage-disengage

Both levers will grind no matter what combination I try. They both engage fine with tractor off, but pto will start turning as soon as you start it.

/ Can only engage PTO with engine Off? Farm Pro 2425/JINMA #5  
You need to adjust the 2- stage clutch. The PTO is the lower half, the main clutch is the upper half of the pedal.The main clutch should not engage until the pedal is halfway off the floor.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

Thanks, I'm hoping there's a rod I can adjust. I'll go up and look to see if I can figure out how to adjust for more pedal. Is there a link somewhere that details adjustment ?

/ Can only engage PTO with engine Off? Farm Pro 2425/JINMA #7  
Look at this site, under maint, clutch adjustment johnstractor

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ Can only engage PTO with engine Off? Farm Pro 2425/JINMA #8  
As i suspected, but asked the questions anyway.

If the freeplay is way too much, or the clutch is worn, the correct geometry may not exist to clutch the pto.

Also, it is possible for the pto stage to stick / hang

Haven't looked at the link to site. I did see the adjusting clevis. The pedal was hitting a electric push button switch at bottom and a bolt with lock but. I adjusted the switch and bolt in to give pedal more travel. BUT... Now I'm blowing fuse to start. As soon as I turn key, fuse blows .. Geezzz

/ Can only engage PTO with engine Off? Farm Pro 2425/JINMA #10  
i don't know your machine.. however that switch is likely some sort of clutch safety switch.