Foton injector rail leaks

/ Foton injector rail leaks #1  

Kevvon

Tractor
Foton 404, IH 3616 backhoe, AC hd7, Ford NAA, Ford 9N, 2 Scag zero turns- 56inch and 61inch decks,
I just bought a 2008 Foton 404 a few weeks ago. It had a blown steering cylinder, which I now have replaced. The tractor has only 19 hours on it; the mechanic said he had just replaced the clutch. Rural King wanted to get it off the lot. It seems to be running great but the hour meter isn't working now. I assume he didn't get it hooked back up. My problem, however, the injector rail has a rubber line that is spraying/ dripping fuel. It is not the main pressure line. I'm wondering if I can just replace what is leaking with a universal rubber or yellow chainsaw- type fuel line which will fit. This line is one of a series of four about 2 1/2" s-formed rubber- line looking line segments connected with plastic tubes which run above the injectors connected to the injector pump on one end and terminates with a plug. Since this line is not the main fuel injector line, I don't even know its purpose. Since it squirts sometimes, I know it has at least SOME pressure behind it. Thanks for any ideas. I'd be interested in any Foton books if anyone out there has access to them. I got what is a poorly scanned, printed copy of a Foton/ Europard 25 Series Operation and Maintenance Manual which has no clearly printed photos. Thanks again!!!

/ Foton injector rail leaks #2  
That's the injector leak-off line. It should go to the top of the fuel tank. Any hose that fits and is fuel resistant will be fine. There is no pressure in it. It should not be plugged off.

/ Foton injector rail leaks
Thanks. I'll go ahead and get something to replace it with.

/ Foton injector rail leaks #4  
If it is anything like my Ft404 the bleed off line from the injectors is just looped back to the input of the injector pump. It is safe to use standard automotive fuel line to replace the original. Try Affordable Tractors for manuals for your tractor
I just bought a 2008 Foton 404 a few weeks ago. It had a blown steering cylinder, which I now have replaced. The tractor has only 19 hours on it; the mechanic said he had just replaced the clutch. Rural King wanted to get it off the lot. It seems to be running great but the hour meter isn't working now. I assume he didn't get it hooked back up. My problem, however, the injector rail has a rubber line that is spraying/ dripping fuel. It is not the main pressure line. I'm wondering if I can just replace what is leaking with a universal rubber or yellow chainsaw- type fuel line which will fit. This line is one of a series of four about 2 1/2" s-formed rubber- line looking line segments connected with plastic tubes which run above the injectors connected to the injector pump on one end and terminates with a plug. Since this line is not the main fuel injector line, I don't even know its purpose. Since it squirts sometimes, I know it has at least SOME pressure behind it. Thanks for any ideas. I'd be interested in any Foton books if anyone out there has access to them. I got what is a poorly scanned, printed copy of a Foton/ Europard 25 Series Operation and Maintenance Manual which has no clearly printed photos. Thanks again!!!

/ Foton injector rail leaks #5  
My TY395 was originally plumbed that way, found it was areating the fuel. There was a provision in the tank for a return line. It is not actually a bleed line, it's for excess fuel that leaks by the injectors.

/ Foton injector rail leaks
Thanks, everyone. I got some fuel line that would fit and all is good now. I didn't know what it's function is, but it's holdin' fine. Now to make ready fer paint prep. (It ain't gonna be the factory color; I ain't too partial to pale red orange! I'm thinkin' Ford red...)