Hydraulic Sump Filter

/ Hydraulic Sump Filter #1  

Jinma284

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
Has anyone made or tried to make a new filter screen for the hydraulic filter in the sump of a Jinma 254. Mine is an 04 model year. If you were successful just wondered what material you used to make the screen.

/ Hydraulic Sump Filter #4  
My factory strainer shook apart once, so I modified the downpipe inside the sump(welded elbow and threaded fitting) and put one of these on the end of the pipe laying horizontal along the bottom of the sump.

SAE 24 20 GPM TANK STRAINER

/ Hydraulic Sump Filter #5  
My factory strainer shook apart once, so I modified the downpipe inside the sump(welded elbow and threaded fitting) and put one of these on the end of the pipe laying horizontal along the bottom of the sump.

SAE 24 20 GPM TANK STRAINER

I did the same thing on my older JM354. The OEM was kinda of a paper mush when I tried to service it. I wound up making a new triangle block that bolt to to hydraulic case to be able to tap to 1-1/4" NPT I believe it was. bjr

/ Hydraulic Sump Filter #6  
   / Hydraulic Sump Filter
A new one is $ 31.00 ? Boy you are going to spend that driving around buying material then making it ? I could understand if it was more money,my time is worth more than that to each is own I guess good luck with making you one

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company
I bought one from you and installed it prior to starting this thread. I just wondered if anyone had found some type of screen that could be used to replace the old one. I consider your calling me a "boy" to be an insult.

/ Hydraulic Sump Filter #8  
You took it wrong sorry, its a figure of speech " Boy ole boy", it just does not make sense to "me " to try and reinvent the wheel over a $ 30.00 part, I understand if it was more expensive part.We try to keep all these tractor parts in stock so you don't have to worry about getting parts when you need them.These Jinma parts are still less than half the Cost of Kubota, John Deere, New Holland, ect.And we have them in stock and ship the same day in most cases.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

/ Hydraulic Sump Filter
I'm glad that you keep parts and I have bought many times from you. What got me to thinking in the first place was the new filter did not fit. When I called you, you told me to take the screen off and put it on the old shaft. I did and it worked great. My next thought was is there a screen material that I can buy and replace the same way if and when I need another one. A lot of owners have modified parts or purchased replacement parts at a auto parts store. There are a couple Jinma Parts dealers who have been very helpful to all of us and you are one of them Tommy.

/ Hydraulic Sump Filter #10  
Well there is nothing special about the screen. It is #100 wire mesh(approx 150 micron) and can be bought at many places. Mcmaster-Carr comes to mind but I am sure there are many other places if you google #100 wire mesh screen...