JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #1  

articcummins

Tractor
Jinma 254
My JINMA 254 is hard to start, I figure out that the look like a glow plug that is install in the air duck is coming hot but it also suppose to get fuel to but its no geting any, the selenoid valve that its controling the fuel going to that glow plug is not working. I try to get that plug from the JINMA dealer, i send them picture of it, they tell me they dont have a part number for that and dont know how its calling. Did any body know the name of that little selenoid valve and the parts number, and did anybody have any problem with that system, how this system is suppose to work.

Thanks.

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #2  
I'm not sure I understand the question?

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #3  
What is an air duck? You can get that heater plug at a John Deere, Cat, or Case dealer, plus many others.

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG
Sorry for the description, the air intake....on my tractor it have a glow plug installed in the intake but its not like a normal one, a hose feed fuel to that glow plug and for what i know when you start a selenoide valve open and let the fuel flow to that glow plug to help the engine to start when its cold. My problem is that this selenoide valve dont work, I take it out to test it but its not working. I contact the JINMA dealer and I send him picture of the parts to see if they can order it but the person I talk to tell me they dont have a part number for this selenoid valve and he dont see it in the parts manual. I dont know if somebody can help me to found any reference for that parts and give me more info about how that "Glow plug" work because I never see that on any orher engine. Thanks.

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #5  
Believe he means air duct Bob.(anyway his spelling is better than mine) Try Affordable tractors. They active on these forums.. Be sure to quote the model number of your engine as there are a few different types.

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #6  
Did you buy this tractor new?

The reason I ask is that I think that may not be a Jinma part. It's not a glow plug, it's a system that burns a little bit of fuel in the intake manifold to warm the engine. I'm trying desperately to remember the name of the system, but I looked into it a few years ago. It is common on bigger equipment and the intake manifold on some Jinmas comes tapped for it, but it's an aftermarket system.

If you can figure out the name I'm sure you can Google it and find parts for it in seconds. You may want to ask in one of the general forums like Parts/Repairs or Owning/Operating if anyone knows what it's called, someone will probably know.

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #7  
I think the op is asking about a
Thermo start, electrothermic heater, and others-

in many cases there is a small amount of fuel pressure in the fuel line and when the (electro themic heating element is energized it unseats a steel ball off its seat and the heating element ignites the now available diesel fuel. Which can now be introduced to the combustion chambers once the engine is cranked . my :2cents: I am not familiar with a version of this that utilizes a solenoid up stream in the diesel supply line??

I agree with quicksandfarmer- there are more than one model of these units. I replaced the one on my chinese tractor and it was about $20 so they are not to expensive.

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #8  
Havn't seen one of those in quite a while. I agree it is probably not a stock jinma part.

The Jinma 254 has 3 glow plugs that warm the intake side of the head indirect injection(IDI) chambers. if you look on the intake side of the cylinder head from above, right alongside the head you should see a flat copper strap that connects 3 threaded studs with nuts securing the strap.. That strap should also have a wire attached to it

When you turn the key to the position just before the starter cranks, power(12V) is applied to that wire and the copper bussbar that powers the 3 glowplugs. The glow plugs working is usually indicated by the amp/charge gauge pegging to the "30" position to the left(each plug pulls about 10 amps). You hold the key in that position for 20 or so seconds, then you turn it the rest of the way to crank and start the engine. If those plugs are working, the 254 can start in fairly cool temperatures fairly easilly, although a block heater is always welcome when it gets cold...

IF those glowplus are not getting power or are broken, you need to fix those...

How cold is it where you are trying to start?

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #9  
This is confusing... sorry guys
If this is an IDI diesel please ignore my response but why did the OP post this?

( a glow plug that is install in the air duck is coming hot but it also suppose to get fuel to but its no geting any, the selenoid valve that its controling the fuel going to that glow plug is not working ) ??

My understanding is- If the engine is IDI with glow plugs - that is the system that needs to be functional- not the thermostart , even if the tractor was built with both types of cold start aids.

To the Op i am sure you will get the tractor up and running sorry if I misread or misunderstood the question.

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #10