safe start switch locaton on 454 foton tractor

/ safe start switch locaton on 454 foton tractor #1  

hagrant

Tractor
454 foton
Hi, I have a 2010 foton 454 A498 BT series tractor that I recently purchased. My tractor will start without pressing the clutch in, I just have to turn the key. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where the safety start switch is located? I have the manuals but it doesn't show it. There appears to be a switch attached to the bell housing so I'm wondering if that's it? I'm new to tractors so any help would be appreciated. I'm wondering if the switch is bad or needs adjusted.

/ safe start switch locaton on 454 foton tractor #2  
A guess would be that the switch will be situated where it can be contacted by either the clutch pedal or the crank, when you depress the clutch pedal.
I am assuming the switch is normally open and when the clutch pedal is depressed, it closes the contacts.
A quick check would be to take the switch wires and twist them together. If the tractors then starts, the switch would either be faulty or out of adjustment. Be careful to reconnect the switch properly for safe operation.

/ safe start switch locaton on 454 foton tractor #3  
The switch is most probably very close to the clutch peddle.
Being in NB I'll bet snow has corroded the switch in the closed position.
Once you locate it, disconnect a lead and I'll bet the starter will not engage.

/ safe start switch locaton on 454 foton tractor #4  
As you sit on the tractor try underneath you left foot....Under the step/floor.

/ safe start switch locaton on 454 foton tractor
The only switch under the clutch is the brake light switch. I took the switch off and connected the wires and the brake lights stay on. I'm thinking the it may be located on the bell housing or somewhere else? Does this sense? I don't see any other switches underneath the clutch and I've got someone to press the clutch in and out while I've looked underneath. I can start the tractor in gear without pressing the clutch in which is kinda dangerous. Thanks

The problem is I don't know where the switch or the switch wires are located.

/ safe start switch locaton on 454 foton tractor #7  
I notice that this is 'new to you' tractor.
I am willing to bet previous owner disabled it or corrosion got to it and he did not replace.

The switch lead may have been a drop from the main harness possibly using a connector(s) to do so explaining why you can't find it.
The shop manual or a dealer would be your best bet at this point.

You could always live with it as is.
B4 lawyers got involved millions of vehicles did not have all those safety devices and the effect on population growth was minimal.

Thanks, No dealers in NewBrunswick tho. Still wondering if the switch is on bell housing? There is a switch there with 2 wires attached. Any ideas if that may be a safety switch?

/ safe start switch locaton on 454 foton tractor #9  
Thanks, No dealers in NewBrunswick tho. Still wondering if the switch is on bell housing? There is a switch there with 2 wires attached. Any ideas if that may be a safety switch?

Are you sure you have a clutch switch ? I think you might have a gearbox switch that will allow you to start when the shift lever is in neutral position only. Try checking by putting the shift lever into a gear and then try starting the engine. If it won't start then your safety switch will be the one on the gearbox. My old 1959 MF65 had exactly that switch and would not start unless the shift lever was in neutral (for gear shift, not the hi/low range lever).
Give it a try and let us know please.
Cheers

I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a clutch switch or neutral safety switch. The tractor will start when its in gear without pressing the clutch. Turn the key is all I have to do and it starts and away it goes. I called Asian tractor parts and they say its supposed to have a clutch switch but they couldn't provide me a diagram. The only switch under the clutch is a brake light switch and it has nothing to do with the safety start. If it was taken off from the previous owner there is no evidence to see where it was removed. Would be nice to have a shop manual or diagram.