Convert Chinese Backhoe to Prince BH Control Valve Assembly?

/ Convert Chinese Backhoe to Prince BH Control Valve Assembly? #21  
My Chief BH valve should be coming today. I will let you know when I get it installed and how I like it. It's about $300 less than a Prince. In reference to your problem, maybe you can modify or the joy sticks so they are closer to you and get a seat with arm rests so you're not reaching so far for the controls? Just a suggestion.

/ Convert Chinese Backhoe to Prince BH Control Valve Assembly?
Thanks Burke. Please keep us posted.

On my end I've decided to convert my entire system over to JIC hoses by making new hoses myself. I already ordered the adaptor connectors from Ronald at Ranch Hand. These neat little adaptors screw onto every male Chinese thread such as on every cylinder port and convert it to a male JIC. From there, it's not too difficult to make your own hoses. I'll run the hose from the cylinder port all the way to the valve and skip the "fixed metal tubes" along the boom.

I still haven't decided on the valve. Since the hoe is on a huge rolling dolly, I can't do much of anything until I actually mount it on the tractor a few months from now. At that point I'll extend the boom out all the way and replace everything all at once.

First step is mounting the wood chipper and clearing out more brush from the winter, then comes the BH later.

I have a valve in mind and it's a 10 GPM. Just checking the math here. The factory pump that mounts on the tractor above the PTO shaft is a CBN -E310 and it says 10ml/r which I think (and hope) is ten milliliters per rpm. It also says 2000 r/min which I assume is maximum speed?

So, if I run the tractor at 1200 RPM the pump is putting out 1200 X 10 = 12,000 ml/min. That equals 2.64 gal/min. If I run the tractor at 2,000 RPM the pump is putting out 4.4 GPM.

Unless I'm missing something, a 10 GPM valve is more than adequate to supply the huge cylinders on the HW04.

/ Convert Chinese Backhoe to Prince BH Control Valve Assembly? #24  
I have a valve in mind and it's a 10 GPM. Just checking the math here. The factory pump that mounts on the tractor above the PTO shaft is a CBN -E310 and it says 10ml/r which I think (and hope) is ten milliliters per rpm. It also says 2000 r/min which I assume is maximum speed?

So, if I run the tractor at 1200 RPM the pump is putting out 1200 X 10 = 12,000 ml/min. That equals 2.64 gal/min. If I run the tractor at 2,000 RPM the pump is putting out 4.4 GPM.

Unless I'm missing something, a 10 GPM valve is more than adequate to supply the huge cylinders on the HW04.

Steve, the rating on the pump is 10 ml/r = ten milliliters per revolution. RPM is stated as r/m or r/min. I think you'll find the pump is rated somewhere around 7-1/2 gpm, which will be plenty for you.

Thanks. Here's the pump:

Pump2.jpg

/ Convert Chinese Backhoe to Prince BH Control Valve Assembly? #26  
My calculations come out like this:

10 ml/r @ 2,000 r/m = 20,000 ml/min = 5.28 gpm. That is a lot of volume going through a 1/2" ID hose with a 2,000 psig potential behind it. That's almost comparable to my dual pump excavator. :)

I already received the adaptors from Ranch Hand to convert every cylinder connection to JIC. Today I received the new control valve assembly as well as all JIC hoses and hydraulic fittings to make it all work.

Stay tuned for photos and updates.

Here are the neat fittings from Ranch Hand that allow conversion of male Chinese O-ring connection to a male JIC. You can convert the cylinder connections as well as outlets on the Chinese BH control valve. I've used these before and now I have enough for this project.

Adaptor Fittings.jpg

/ Convert Chinese Backhoe to Prince BH Control Valve Assembly? #29  
I think Ronald has the market cornered on those fittings. I bought mine from a different source years ago and they no longer have them. Good catch. Glad they are still available.

These fittings are not always available and I found that out last year when replacing a cylinder hose. Fortunately, Ronald just received a shipment and immediately ordered what I needed for this project.