Jinma 254 current owner with Y385 engine help questions

/ Jinma 254 current owner with Y385 engine help questions #1  

acadian32

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 254
I recently purchase a Jinma 254 and a few things needs to be done to bring it back to optimal condition.
Question 1. The first thing I did is dump all fluids new filters and the problem I知 having at this point is the hydraulic leaking not performing right. so I ordered a new pump and seals to rebuild the old one for a spare and one of my concerns is when you remove the hydraulic pump you lose your hydraulic and once I will install my new pump I need to know if I need to prime the lines prior or should the new pump pull hydraulic fluid from the reservoir tank in time not to overheat the new pump and seals?
Question 2. I have is the oil pressure sender sensor has 2 connections and only a purple wire is connected to the sender and my oil pressure gauge is reading high almost to 10 and when I disconnect the purple wire the gauge still stays to 10, the only time the gauge goes back to zero is when I shut off the engine any chance one of you current owner could take a picture of the color wires going to the sender?
Question 3. Very similar question as above but for my engine temp sender wire was cut off and I知 looking for the correct color wire that should have been used.
Thank you very much to all that can help me
Question 4. This is from my own lack of knowledge 都tupidity before I decided to remove the hydraulic pump slow leak I notice the loader when I was trying to get a good load I would have to bring up the idle and I read online to correct this to simply adjust your spool relive valve that allen key way threaded screw down a few turns and guess what it worked for the first time I was able to use my buck to lift up the tractor and 5 minute later all my hydraulic system stop work? O did I ever want to kick myself in the *** on that one because from what I read after this is those relive valve are usually preset and most likely the reason the bucket was not lifting up the buck front end loader was due to a weak hydraulic pump this is why I decided to order a new pump and new sender sensor / engine thermostat etc .
I thank everyone in advance for any help because I sure do need it purchase this tractor because I had major back surgery last year and want to start using a tractor to do the heavy lifting around the house instead of my back Display style.jpgCBN-E314.jpgoil sender.jpgSpool Valve.jpgUntitled....jpg

/ Jinma 254 current owner with Y385 engine help questions #2  
Are there any markings on the pump?

Is one side larger than the other? Measure both side openings.

Does the pump have an arrow for direction ?

I looked at a bunch of the flange port pumps, and the inlet port should be larger.

Some pumps have a suction filter and other have a return filter.

Where in the circuit is the filter?

Your relief valve may have been preset, but is it adjustable.

In the picture of the valve, did you put that hex screw there, otherwise, is that original?

/ Jinma 254 current owner with Y385 engine help questions #3  
The line connected to the filter should be the suction line. Filters are very rarely on the pressure side of the pump.

/ Jinma 254 current owner with Y385 engine help questions #4  
The line connected to the filter should be the suction line. Filters are very rarely on the pressure side of the pump. I just looked at my pump, the port on the side is the suction, the port on the rear is pressure.

/ Jinma 254 current owner with Y385 engine help questions
Hello all, the pump is a cbn-e314 the spool valve yes I put the hex screw I have the right Allen key style screw and cap just opened that part to see if i could add fluid from that area to ensure lines are full, the reason i was asking question about the direction is when i removed the hydraulic filter and pump when i reinstalled the old pump i was not able to get fluid from the tank threw the filter and up to the pump and would have overheated the pump. i then removed the filter and no oil was coming from the tank i check the level in the tank and it seem okay, so i blew air in the line to the tank direction and oil came out quickly and lost the pressure again... i think because i drained the system down a few time from taking the filter out and pump a few times maybe i should add fluid in the tank at a much higher level to give the loop a chance to get pressurize again??? i ordered a new pump because i do think the old one is not working well. i also ordered gasket kit to recondition the old pump for a spare... reading countless hours it seems some site suggest the supply hydraulic line if on the other side of where the filter is and i could make sense because when i follow that line back to the tank its connected much lower on the tank then the filter side ... JJ not sure what you mean about circuit filter? to add this pump where the filter line connect is to its side as per picture the other line is on the end side of the pump going up to what look to be a multiple hydraulic housing of some kind above the transmission... everyone keep sending your comments this will help me solve problems for sure big thank you all...

/ Jinma 254 current owner with Y385 engine help questions
Do you guys think that the filter housing arrow should be like the drawing I posted? if this is really the line to the suction side of the pump don't you think the filter housing arrow should point to the flow direction going to the pump?

/ Jinma 254 current owner with Y385 engine help questions #7  
I have a 04 farm pro with same engine,on my theromstat wire is off white color and my oil sending unit has same color wire with the purple not attached to anything. You will find the electrical is the weakest point on these tractors.all wires should be numbered,I have made my own harness and used chevy alt before.
AS for as the pump did you check filter,some jinmas have filter while others have screen in sump below seat,a clogged filter will cause similar problem.These pumps are simple to overhaul.You may have increased pressure too much and blew an o ring.your loader valve is different than mine.is that tractor white?what year is it,it has newer style dash also
the side of pump you show is suction side,smaller hole high pressure side,if you take it apart be sure to put vanes back in right way,I did not first time and blew seal and pumped crankcase full,if you already bought one you can learn on old one.filters always on low side

/ Jinma 254 current owner with Y385 engine help questions #8  
you could also have crack in suction line or side somewhere

/ Jinma 254 current owner with Y385 engine help questions #9  
that is your diverter valve,where the hoses go to,controls power steering,was power steering working

/ Jinma 254 current owner with Y385 engine help questions #10  
Is your filter between the tank and the pump.

If so, arrow should point to the suction side of the pump.

If it is a return filter going to tank, the arrow should point to the tank.