2004 Nortrac Dozer

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer #1  

rookie racer

Tractor
M7060 1500 Ford, 04 Nortrac Dozer Kabota M7060
Looking at a 2004 Nortrac NB3500C Dozer. This thing is cherry. little over 100hrs. Can anyone chime in here that maybe owns one or previously owned this dozer. Question is . Are they worth it ? Have a small farm, Want to doze out a few hills , build a drive way. Build a pond .

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer #2  
Member Bob Rooks has had one for years. If he doesn't see your post send him a PM. He should be able to answer any questions you may have.

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer #3  
Always thought they looked handy from smaller projects! Good luck

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer #4  
I also thought they could be a handy unit for smaller jobs, but I could never justify one. How much do they want for it?

Northern stopped selling there dozer (yuchai dozer) for a few years. About the same timethey switched from jinma tractors to fotons. DDon't know why?

They are a china dozer. Parts should not be too hard to get as I have seen quite a few places carry parts.

Agreed, try bob rooks. Also try the chineese tractor owners association website. Ctoa.

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer
I also thought they could be a handy unit for smaller jobs, but I could never justify one. How much do they want for it?

Northern stopped selling there dozer (yuchai dozer) for a few years. About the same timethey switched from jinma tractors to fotons. DDon't know why?

They are a china dozer. Parts should not be too hard to get as I have seen quite a few places carry parts.

Agreed, try bob rooks. Also try the chineese tractor owners association website. Ctoa.

They want 8K for it

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer

Thanks .PM'd Bob

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer #7  

I've heard that the switch from Jinma to Foton was because Jinma couldn't meet the new stricter EPA requirements. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same reason they stopped selling the dozer, I think they have the same engine as the Jinma.

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer #8  
Looking at a 2004 Nortrac NB3500C Dozer. This thing is cherry. little over 100hrs. Can anyone chime in here that maybe owns one or previously owned this dozer. Question is . Are they worth it ? Have a small farm, Want to doze out a few hills , build a drive way. Build a pond .
Hi Rookie, welcome to TBN.
Received your PM but time is tight for me today so I'll just throw this out there for now and get back to the PM later.
This is my dozer Face Book page which includes most of the mods I've done, and some of my other equipment.

https://www.facebook.com/yuchaidozer

Also have some questions to ask you about that dozer.

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer
Hi Rookie, welcome to TBN.
Received your PM but time is tight for me today so I'll just throw this out there for now and get back to the PM later.
This is my dozer Face Book page which includes most of the mods I've done, and some of my other equipment.

https://www.facebook.com/yuchaidozer

Also have some questions to ask you about that dozer.

Thanks Bob
I got on your facebook page. I like you Mods. I am very handy with steel work and fabrication. Industrial Mechanic and Certified Pipe / Structural Welder. I can see possibilties with this little dozer.

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer #10  
Thanks Bob
I got on your facebook page. I like you Mods. I am very handy with steel work and fabrication. Industrial Mechanic and Certified Pipe / Structural Welder. I can see possibilties with this little dozer.

These little dozers are a ton-o-fun, but make no mistake they aren't Cats. I spent a lot of time on Cats in the early '60's. Because of their attractive price they tend to be purchased by first time operators that aren't familiar with the intrinsic limitations of the machine and dis them when they break down. Others purchase them to do a specific job, do absolutely no maintenance on them, then pretty them up after the job is completed and unload them. A caveat for sure.
So your prospective machine is a year older than mine (I bought new in '05) and has about 150 hours on it? Why so little? Mine has almost 700 hours on it and don't use it all that much.
Does the current owner have maintenance and repair records for it? Was it originally purchased through a reputable dealer that performed a pre-delivery service on it? Does it have the hydraulic shuttle clutch? If so, does it have an accumulator in the left saddlebag? Rubber or steel tracks? Has it been sitting idle outside uncovered for long?