Farm Pro 2425 grinds when engaging the mower

/ Farm Pro 2425 grinds when engaging the mower #1  

Drcom

Tractor
Farm Pro 2425
Hello everyone,
This mower was bought 4 years ago and it has always been hard to get it into "gear" to mow. In fact I just turn it off, engage the pto and the start it back up so I don't hear it grind. I don't know anything about these tractors and neither does any repair shops close to me.
My problem is this. I plan to sell the tractor as I just don't use it that much. I mow with a regular mower because it cuts lower to the ground. I am trying to decide if I am going to try to find someone to fix it, or sell it as is. Does anyone know what the problem is from my description and/or know of any decent repair shops in or around Illinois ?
It is a Farm Pro 2425 with end loader. I don't know how to tell what year it is. Any help is appreciated.

/ Farm Pro 2425 grinds when engaging the mower #2  
Very likely the clutch needs adjusting. It's common that the PTO clutch gets so out of adjustment that even when the pedal is all the way in the PTO clutch isn't fully disengaged.

Adjusting the clutch isn't hard. It's been discussed a lot, searching the archives should get you directions. Someone who is reasonably mechanical should be able to do it from the instructions.

/ Farm Pro 2425 grinds when engaging the mower #3  
:welcome:
To TBN Dr. Com. What part of Illinois are you in?

/ Farm Pro 2425 grinds when engaging the mower
   / Farm Pro 2425 grinds when engaging the mower #5  
I am near Pawnee, IL by Lake Sangchris. 62558

Yes, I know where that is. I have a sister living in Pekin, IL. I love stopping at Chesapeake Seafood House in Springfield each time I visit her.

Thank you for your help. I found some items from the search but nothing specific to the Farm Pro 2425. Is it similar to any others ?

/ Farm Pro 2425 grinds when engaging the mower #7  
I believe that's the same as a Jinma 254. Is it 25 HP with 4 wheel drive, three cylinder engine?

/ Farm Pro 2425 grinds when engaging the mower #8  
Sounds like the PTO clutch is not fully disengaging. Might be able to fix that w/o touching the clutch at all. Turn in the stop bolt just forward of the clutch release arm. That will give you more pedal travel, which may be all you need to stop the grinding. Loosen the lock nut, turn in the stop bolt 1/2 turn. Push clutch to stop, engage PTO. If that's not enough, turn stop bolt another half turn and try again. Repeat as many times as necessary to stop the grinding. If it turns out NOT to be the stop bolt, further troubleshooting becomes necessary.

//greg//.

/ Farm Pro 2425 grinds when engaging the mower #9  
If you adjust the stop bolt be sure to also adjust the START SWITCH which is by that bolt, as otherwise you can damage the switch and mess up the starting circuit.

Also there is an adjustment procedure that you can follow on JOHNS TRACTOR PAGE
JMClutchAdj (I wrote this years ago & John posted it sorry I think my ugly mug may be in some pics._:>o )

the main page has a LOT of info too John has not kept it up but has kept it ON so that is a great resource and something that is worth downloading and saving if you are not confident in your mechanical skills.

Mark

Thanks Guys, I will look into this. My brother tried to use the tractor and found out that 3 of 4 cylinders on the end loader is leaking. Now I need to find someone that sells replacement cylinders. I'm going to replace all of them since I want everything working correctly when I sell it. Any suggestions where to buy good replacements cylinders ?