Another Jinma Overheating problem!

/ Another Jinma Overheating problem! #11  
The best coolant available contains no water at all. I plan on switching all my equipment over this fall. Evans waterless coolant. Actually water is a poor conductor of heat because it contains air and can create hot spots in the upper area of the liners where the piston rings turn.

At the risk of derailing the thread, this comment caught my eye. When mowing I have to watch the temp gauge because the radiator will get clogged, and I had to replace the head gasket at 500 hours because I let the engine overheat. So I am interested in ways of improving cooling system capacity. I hadn't ever heard of waterless coolant, so I did some Googling. The Evans product is straight glycol. Glycol has about two thirds of the heat transfer capacity of water. It does allow your engine to run hotter without boiling over because glycol has a boiling point around 350F. So with waterless coolant your engine runs hotter, because the coolant has less heat transfer capacity, but it doesn't boil over.

With our Chinese engines, with their eggshell-delicate head gaskets, I don't think that is a good thing.

You can read a detailed analysis, albeit by a competitor, here:
No-Rosion Products Technical Questions and Answers

The cooling system on a Jinma is adequate to keep the engine at operating temperature at full load in hot weather, provided it's operating properly. There are two parts to that: one is the flow of coolant: no leaks, no clogs, water pump and thermostat both working as they should. The other is the flow of air: fan turning, no impediments to air flow.

/ Another Jinma Overheating problem! #12  
With all due respect, while I am no advocate of Evans coolant, I find numerous faults and omissions with the No-Rosion tests, (not the ASTM requirements) but I'm not going into detail in this thread.