Jinma 284 Blowing Oil Out Of Filler Plug On Reservoir Under Seat

/ Jinma 284 Blowing Oil Out Of Filler Plug On Reservoir Under Seat #1  

MadMopar

Tractor
2008 Jinma 284
My Jinma 284 has started blowing oil out of the Oil Filler Plug under my seat. I thought that i had overfilled the tank and blown some kinda safety plug, but after buggin Thomas at Affordable Tractor, apparently this is a breather plug.

Thomas believes I have air in my system and it's causing this problem. Can anyone tell me how to get this air out? I'm not even sure how it got in there. My 7 year old grandson likes to play with the loader levers (tractor is off), but I don't think that would cause this issue. I just started doing this leaking/blowing out and I'm at a loss. I'm concerned about this and am not using the tractor at this point until I can fix it.

It doesn't seem to be affected by the 3 point moving. It seems to only happen (oil spraying out - no bubbles) when I put the bucket on the ground and start putting a downward load on the bucket. I haven't really tried a whole lot else of testing, but it sure sprays out when I do the above. The whole back side of the tractor get coated very quickly with this leak. I will say that I have a well oiled PTO and back end right now. :)

Thanks

/ Jinma 284 Blowing Oil Out Of Filler Plug On Reservoir Under Seat #2  
Sure sounds like overfilled, you're returning the most oil when the cylinders are retracted which would be when you're putting the bucket down. I had knocked my filter on a stump back in the woods awhile ago and I was sucking in air thru the suction filter, made a nice foamy mess until I figured out what was wrong.....Mike

/ Jinma 284 Blowing Oil Out Of Filler Plug On Reservoir Under Seat
Sure sounds like overfilled, you're returning the most oil when the cylinders are retracted which would be when you're putting the bucket down. I had knocked my filter on a stump back in the woods awhile ago and I was sucking in air thru the suction filter, made a nice foamy mess until I figured out what was wrong.....Mike

Thanks MrMikey. I'll check my filter tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that it's not got a leak, but it's an easy check. As for overfilling, I have refilled the reservoir, but when I looked in before filling there was bare metal (not covered with oil). When I refilled it, it was just a hair over the fill mark. The problem is it's not just blowing out a little excess, it's blowing out and causing the reservoir to be way low. I will make sure that when I refill it the shovel is all the way down and flat, but it still is blowing way too much out. I could see if it had excess, but not to the point of being low.

Thanks

/ Jinma 284 Blowing Oil Out Of Filler Plug On Reservoir Under Seat #4  
In addition to your filter, check all the connection points on that suction line all the way back to the reservoir. Any leak along that line will easilly allow air into the system without really indicating that it is leaking any oil, perhaps just a damp spot on the pipe. Most of these have a pipe union right at the top front of the hydraulic reservoir that is a great spot to start sucking air into if it has worked loose...

/ Jinma 284 Blowing Oil Out Of Filler Plug On Reservoir Under Seat #5  
RonMar is correct my 284 had an suction air leak there under the seat which took a long time to find. You may also want to look in the tank when it blows out to see if the oil has/is white or bubbles in it.

/ Jinma 284 Blowing Oil Out Of Filler Plug On Reservoir Under Seat #6  
I think if there is a suction air leak then the overflow will be foamy.

Hi everyone who has replied and I really appreciate your advice.

Sorry I haven't gotten back with any trouble check updates, but I've been so busy with other things.

I hope to be able to get at it tomorrow because needing the tractor is starting to get a little critical in my getting things done.

So hopefully tomorrow evening I'll have something to report.

Again, thanks for your help.

/ Jinma 284 Blowing Oil Out Of Filler Plug On Reservoir Under Seat #8  
Hi Just a quick note. Are you lowering the bucket with the engine off? That's a no no. Oil gets returned to the reservoir but no oil is pumped out. so it blows out the breather.

Unfortunately,I didn't get at the tractor again yesterday because of work and rain (I don't have a barn or garage to work in yet).

In reply to mark1, I have done that before without any issues, but not recently. I'll keep it n mind for future reference though.

Thanks.