2001 Jinma ty 395i tractor

/ 2001 Jinma ty 395i tractor #1  

robpm

Silver Member
Tractor
2005 John Deere 990
I found this 2001 Jinma 395i TLB tractor on CL for 14k OBO. the ad says that "It has a brand new whole complete 35hp.diesel motor alt., injector pump ,starter ,&more" You can see it here https://newjersey.craigslist.org/grd/5404939688.html. I have a friend who is possibly interested in it. I don't know anything about Jinma tractors apart from the fact that they are Chinese. I don't know how easy it is to get parts for them or how reliable they are or anything like that. In addition I question why this one needed a new complete engine since the add says that it has 83 hours on it. Of course maybe the 83 hours is on the new engine.

Thanks for the input.

Rob

/ 2001 Jinma ty 395i tractor #2  
The tractor is a Jinma 354.

82 hours is about what you'd get if you ran it without changing the transport fluids from the factory until the engine stopped. If that's the case then the transmission and differentials may have issues.

You can get a brand new 35HP from Northern Tool for $15,999 with free delivery (NorTrac 35XT 35 HP 4WD Tractor with Front End Loader — With Ag. Tires | 35 HP Tractors| Northern Tool + Equipment)
That's with the Koyker loader, which is worth about $3500 by itself. That's basically the same tractor, although I think Northern has switched to a different Chinese manufacturer than Jinma. But it's also 15 years newer.

The LW7 backhoe on that tractor is not well-regarded. The tires are turf tires, which is an upgrade. Since it's four-wheel-drive you have to make sure that the front/rear size ratio was maintained when the tires were switched out, otherwise there's going to be problems. (I don't know how to tell, though).

That's a lot of money for a 15-year-old tractor.

/ 2001 Jinma ty 395i tractor #3  
I have to agree 14 grand for that tractor is wayyy to much. I own a 01 354 without a FEL and it's good machine but probably only worth 3-4 thousand at most. Do some more searching bjr

QUOTE=quicksandfarmer;4346321]The tractor is a Jinma 354.

82 hours is about what you'd get if you ran it without changing the transport fluids from the factory until the engine stopped. If that's the case then the transmission and differentials may have issues.

You can get a brand new 35HP from Northern Tool for $15,999 with free delivery (NorTrac 35XT 35 HP 4WD Tractor with Front End Loader With Ag. Tires | 35 HP Tractors| Northern Tool + Equipment)
That's with the Koyker loader, which is worth about $3500 by itself. That's basically the same tractor, although I think Northern has switched to a different Chinese manufacturer than Jinma. But it's also 15 years newer.

The LW7 backhoe on that tractor is not well-regarded. The tires are turf tires, which is an upgrade. Since it's four-wheel-drive you have to make sure that the front/rear size ratio was maintained when the tires were switched out, otherwise there's going to be problems. (I don't know how to tell, though).

That's a lot of money for a 15-year-old tractor.[/QUOTE]

/ 2001 Jinma ty 395i tractor #4  
Do not walk away from that tractor, RUN!

/ 2001 Jinma ty 395i tractor #5  
That's nuts. $1400 yes, 14g's is crazy!

Steve