Advice on potential purchase (Nortrack 3500B)

/ Advice on potential purchase (Nortrack 3500B)
I dont wanna pull it because I am scared hahaha.

Mine def go through the floor boards. So i will also check to see if the "bar" that both the pedals attach to is properly lubed ect. As you have stated this gets all gunked up and starts to stick.

It must be an adjustment issue. I sprayed all adjustment nuts and rods down last night with PB blaster so I will hopefully get home tonight and start to tinker.

Any other info. advice. I hope the right track is actually getting power? Some state the dozer will drive in a straight line even with only one track operating and will display symptoms mine is when a final drive is broken?

/ Advice on potential purchase (Nortrack 3500B) #42  
Some state the dozer will drive in a straight line even with only one track operating and will display symptoms mine is when a final drive is broken?
With only one track getting power it will veer to the opposite side. This is essentially what happens when you release the steering clutch on one side. That is the intended purpose of the steering clutches. This would be more pronounced under a load. If you had a broken final drive you would have no control over that side at all, plus there would be other symptoms similar to what you previously described

So you are stating you think it may not have a broken final drive? I dont think it does. I mean shoot I drove it up onto rail road ties to service all of the fluids.

I will try and adjust tonight.

/ Advice on potential purchase (Nortrack 3500B) #44  
Easy test to see if your right track is getting power, just depress your left brake pedal. the right track should keep going and turn left.

That is what I am stating doesn't happen.

So if I am driving in a straight line and want to turn left I proceed to push down the left pedal. Nothing happens until the machine will simply come to a halt. If I try at this point to let the pedal out ever so slightly to get the machine to start turning left it will start to make the noise described above. Like burning clutch/slipping/disengagement problems....then just continue to drive straight.

/ Advice on potential purchase (Nortrack 3500B) #46  
Ok, pushing the left pedal should NOT allow the machine to come to a stop, that is unless somehow both brake pedals are being pushed (occasionally this will happen with the right side because of the cross shaft sticking, but not the left side). Are you sure you're pushing on the correct pedal? The inner one on the left side? Sounds like there are issues with the right side final drive and/or steering clutch/brake. Do you have a place where you can safely block it up and work on it under cover?

Yea I have a place where I can do that. I may have to pull the ROP off to be able to jack the dozer up to block it.

Also how do I use the "float function" for the front blade?

Please educate me on that.

THANKS BOB

/ Advice on potential purchase (Nortrack 3500B) #48  
Also how do I use the "float function" for the front blade?

If you have the T-handle joystick control, just push the handle forward until you feel resistance (this is a detent in the valve), then push some more until it stops. This allows oil to flow in both directions through the valve.
Do you not have an owner's manual? Didn't I send you one?
Plan on this.
Strpped.jpg

dozer%20april%202009%20003.jpg

Rt steer assy. 2.jpg

/ Advice on potential purchase (Nortrack 3500B) #49  
You may not have to pull it down that far if the problem is in the final drive. For now you don't have to block the dozer. Let me know when you're ready to start.

Ok well the dozer is def getting power to both tracks.

The pendulum design picture of the steering pedal system doesnt apply to my dozer but I would imagine the linkage connections are the same.

Meaning the lever and rod below the deck is for brake application and the lever and rod next to my left foot is for the steering clutch? correct?

Yes Bob I do have a manual I just need to reference it tonight.