KAMA TS254C hydraulic question

/ KAMA TS254C hydraulic question #1  
T

TS254C_Bob

Hello,

I bought a TS254C and put an FEL on it myself. This may be a dumb question but here goes. This tractor has one hydraulic pump that operates the PTO. The tractor has a two stage clutch so when I depress the clutch all the way down I have no hydraulic power in the loader or PTO.

When it is depressed about a 1/3 of the way down I have power and can shift gears. Am I doing something wrong or is this the way these tractors are? Should I have hydraulic power even when the clutch is all the way down? If not and I am only supposed to have it when it is depressed initially should it be about 1/2 way or about 1/3 and if it is 1/2 how do I adjust the clutch.

I am sorry but the manuals are vague and need any help I can get.

Thanks

/ KAMA TS254C hydraulic question #2  
Your hydraulic pump is fed by the PTO. If the PTO is running the Hydraulics are pumping. Two stage clutches are really two separate clutches one operated by the other. the first clutch disengages the transmission driving the rear wheels and the second disengages the PTO. It is designed to allow you to stop the tractor but at the same time keep you PTO running (it gives it the term "Live PTO"). Your clutch is doing what it is supposed to and so is your pump. If the pump was driven off the engine you would have constant hydraulic flow.

/ KAMA TS254C hydraulic question #3  
boy I would be disappointed if the pto had to be on for the HYD to work! the JINMAs are engine mounted and I though that was pretty much the only way unless you added a 3pt PTO type pump for say a back hoe or wood splitter ect attachment,

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ KAMA TS254C hydraulic question #4  
I thought the Kama had the same engine as Jinma 254/284, the Y385, which would have a readily available engine pump.

/ KAMA TS254C hydraulic question #5  
I don't have much of a clue, but I thought the pto was gear driven & the 3pth was hydraulic. Wouldn't the 3pth raise independantly of the pto being engaged? Does it have power steering & does it have a separate engine driven pump for the power steering? Would someone explain how it should work, because I really mean it when I say I'm clueless. It just seems strange that the hydraulics wouldn't work when the clutch is disengaged.

/ KAMA TS254C hydraulic question
Thank you. This is what I thought it was doing and supposed to do but it will take a little getting used to. It does have powersteering but that is a pump that runs the powersteering unit alone I believe.

Thanks for the input and clearing up my question.

/ KAMA TS254C hydraulic question #7  
I hadn't read EFC's reply, now it makes sense.

/ KAMA TS254C hydraulic question #8  
John, Depends on how you order the tractor. Like all Chinese companies they have nine different versions of the same product. It is whatever they can get away with. If you push the issue you can get it on the motor....if you don’t know any better they will send you what is easiest for them :)

Spiker, over the years I have seen the same setup on Jinma’s many times.