jinma rhino question(ABOUT TO PUSH IT OFF A CLIFF)

/ jinma rhino question(ABOUT TO PUSH IT OFF A CLIFF) #1  

ctjinma

Tractor
Jinma rino 204
Just brought home an old jinma rhino 204 tractor. got it running with new fuel lines my issue is the clutch is frozen. i can move it around the yard but wont disengage tried:
1- driving up to a tree with loader and loading it just spun the tires..
2- getting yanked by a cummins diesel tires just skidded..
so my question is... before i pull the loader off and go into access cover.. can i engage the rear PTO and maybe it will free up the clutch assy? i really dont have the time nor space atm to split the tractor to do a clutch.. if i need to pull the loader plates off can i spray kerosene on the clutch and let it soak to free up the rust???

/ jinma rhino question(ABOUT TO PUSH IT OFF A CLIFF) #2  
I'd hook it to something that it can just barely drag or at least pulls HARD, block the clutch pedal down, and start pulling and keep on pulling until the plate lets go from the flywheel... It may take a while.

AND THEN I'd push it off a cliff!!

Kero or anything else you spray on the plate, will ruin the plate...

SR

/ jinma rhino question(ABOUT TO PUSH IT OFF A CLIFF)
i tried pulling his truck in reverse and low gear pulled em like he wasn't there .. i may hook up to my truck CCSB f150 and try to pull it up a hill tomorrow to see if it will free the ole girl up..

/ jinma rhino question(ABOUT TO PUSH IT OFF A CLIFF) #4  
It probably will take more than that... It may take an hour or even more, until the flywheel get's hot and the rust lets go... Pull in a forward gear, not reverse...

How far away is that cliff? It may be free by the time you get there!! lol

SR

/ jinma rhino question(ABOUT TO PUSH IT OFF A CLIFF) #5  
Happens a lot with older cars that have sat outside around here...

I have never torn one down.

What I did do was drive them and even if it took a couple of hours they all freed-up.

One thing you don't want is for the friction material to disintegrate or come apart in chunks...

I do find operating in a high gear helps... more direct transfer of power... so driving around with the clutch pedal depressed or blocked and goosing the throttle on/off.

/ jinma rhino question(ABOUT TO PUSH IT OFF A CLIFF) #6  
Have you tried 'maximizing' the external adjustments on the clutch?

/ jinma rhino question(ABOUT TO PUSH IT OFF A CLIFF) #7  
Just tell Cliff to get out from under the tractor. :laughing: Just depress the clutch and use the tractor hard and it will likely free it self up. Don't adjust the clutch, you will just have to readjust after it is free. I have done this many times it works. Ed

/ jinma rhino question(ABOUT TO PUSH IT OFF A CLIFF) #8  
have you checked the linkage?, on the side of the transmission/clutch housing there is a roll pin that connects the linkage arm to the clutch shaft that are prone to break. when they do break, clutch pedal will move but won`t disengage clutch.

/ jinma rhino question(ABOUT TO PUSH IT OFF A CLIFF)
i got it to break free by getting it into high range and going up a very very steep hill herd a slight pop and the rig started to slow down.. unblocked the clutch and its good now..

maybe someone can help with this one i am replacing my injection pump due to it leaking at every orface now.. the breather tank thing that bolts to it towards the front of the tractor is there an seal that goes between or is that separate i want to just order everything i need now
this looks like it is the gasket .Fuel Injection Pump Gasket | Jinma Tractor Parts, Farm Pro Tractor Parts | Circle G Tractor Parts

/ jinma rhino question(ABOUT TO PUSH IT OFF A CLIFF) #10  
Caution! Be aware that your injection pump is probably gear driven and it's very, very difficult to replace. I think I read that the drive gear cannot be removed without disassembling the pump in place. I've never tried it myself, but it'd definitely be worth your time to do a few searches before you tackle this repair. You may also run into timing issues after you get the pump replaced, IIRC.

Had your tractor run out of diesel? My injection pump was leaking everywhere too, after sitting dry for a year. But when I filled it with diesel and let it sit for a few days, all the leaks stopped on their own. Might be worth a try...